NHL ProCombat

nash61

A few months ago, user Goallinedesign approached me about a collab doing NHL ProCombats. The project never got off the ground, and I was stuck with a concept that I never did anything with. If I ever get the time, I may revisit this, but for now, here is my one finished team- the Atlanta Thrashers

ATL.png

UPDATED

ATL2.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Whoa, I really like the idea of this concept, it holds a lot of potential. I really like the "cold" feeling you get from this jersey. However, I think that the birds on the back are too much like seagulls, but other than that, this is a great concept.

spacer.png

although the idea for "nhl pro combat" is a cool one, this concept reflects none of that potential. First of all, why would you use a reebok template if nike is going to be the manufacturer? Why include the "blueland" motto if you don't put it in a clever/random place on the uniform like nike does? Slapping a different color palette on the blue jackets edge template does not equate to a nike redesign. Also, seagulls on the back of the jersey don't do it for me, thrashers look absolutely nothing like that in terms of wing span, body shape, etc. Finally, I know that nike likes to experiment with bright outline colors and barely-differering colors for the numbers/jersey base, but the numbers you have here would be illegible, at least the "volt" for oregon is bright enough so that you can read the numbers.

I think the one nitpick I have with this is, as Elliot mentioned, that you used a reebok template for a Nike concept. That being said however, I really love this idea. Totally fits a "Blueland" theme. I would suggest brightening the light blue a bit to make the names and numbers more legible, and tweak the bird silhouettes a bit - or maybe even use that Thrasher crest filled in solidly to appear as a solid silhouette, as Has2916 mentioned. Again though, I really like the idea! Nice work, keep it up.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I completely redid it on a Nike template.

The front logo has been changed like Ryan suggested, and the Thrasher outline is now subliminated on the back. On the front, I also subliminated the arrowhead design from the original jerseys. The powder blue has been lightened and the navy blue has been darkened to the official colours.

ATL2.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This would look a lot sharper if you used a transparency on the black sublimated parts. If you can't do that, just used a darker shade of blue. I think that would look much, much better. It's too crowded with all the full-color symbols, especially on the back.

Muuuuch better, Nash. That looks sharp. Great updates!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This would look a lot sharper if you used a transparency on the black sublimated parts. If you can't do that, just used a darker shade of blue. I think that would look much, much better. It's too crowded with all the full-color symbols, especially on the back.

I'm using Photoshop, so I can use transparency. I tried it and it looks much better. I'll post it when i get a chance.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Update #3

NewATL2.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Back to page one.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

That's really cool! I'm not an NHL at all, but I like it. The transparancy does look much better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived