Bragging Rights

bucknut40

Every Year there always seems to be a debate as to what state has the best high school football. I decided to come up with a concept to answer the question. It is a four week series that teams from four states would use to fill in there non conference schedule. The four states would be Ohio, California, Texas, and Florida. There would be four pools and everyone would play round robin. The fourth week teams would play each other based off of how they finished in there pools. The teams would be

Texas: Southlake Carroll, Dallas Skyline, Allen, Euless Trinity

Ohio: Cleveland St. Ignatius, Cleveland St. Edwards, Cincinatti Colerain, Cincinatti St. Xavier

Florida: Tampa Plant, Miami Central, Seffner Armwood, Miramar

California: Concord DeLaSalle, Santa Ana Mater Dei, Anaheim Servite, San Jose Bellarmine

This is the logo for the event.

BraggingRightslogo-1.png

I will be posting a few more items soon

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Every Year there always seems to be a debate as to what state has the best high school football. I decided to come up with a concept to answer the question. It is a four week series that teams from four states would use to fill in there non conference schedule. The four states would be Ohio, California, Texas, and Florida. There would be four pools and everyone would play round robin. The fourth week teams would play each other based off of how they finished in there pools. The teams would be

Texas: Southlake Carroll, Dallas Skyline, Allen, Euless Trinity

Ohio: Cleveland St. Ignatius, Cleveland St. Edwards, Cincinatti Colerain, Cincinatti St. Xavier

Florida: Tampa Plant, Miami Central, Seffner Armwood, Miramar

California: Concord DeLaSalle, Santa Ana Mater Dei, Anaheim Servite, San Jose Bellarmine

This is the logo for the event.

BraggingRightslogo.png

I will be posting a few more items soon

This is gonna be really cool. I'm surprised that St.Thomas Aquaintas isn't in their for Florida though.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Sorry, but that logo does not look good. I understand that you wanted to incorporate the state involved into the logo, and I like the idea, it's just the execution is hugely lacking. California currently isn't distinguishable, and makes the B (which doesn't match the rest of the font) look extremely awkward. I'd suggest finding another place to use california...maybe as one of the is. I very much like the idea for Ohio. The issue here is that it is much smaller than the rest of the lettering and would look better with a different font. Texas is probably the best executed of the states, but it's position adds unnecessary spacing between the H and the T. I'd move texas lower (keep it attached to the H) so the T can maintain regular spacing while maintaining the intended effect. And Florida... Really? This one doesn't even look like you put effort in... Frankly, Florida doesn't work with the S at all.It could be cool to see it replace the diagonal of the N, or the top of the T.

All in all, I think this has potential... However, you've still got a long way to go. Choose a stronger font and put more thought into the placement of the states (this is vital), and you could have a pretty good logo. Oh, also, I'm not a big fan of how you just used colored words to represent the teams. I'd suggest using the team logos and lining eight about the logo, and eight below the logo.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Sorry, but that logo does not look good. I understand that you wanted to incorporate the state involved into the logo, and I like the idea, it's just the execution is hugely lacking. California currently isn't distinguishable, and makes the B (which doesn't match the rest of the font) look extremely awkward. I'd suggest finding another place to use california...maybe as one of the is. I very much like the idea for Ohio. The issue here is that it is much smaller than the rest of the lettering and would look better with a different font. Texas is probably the best executed of the states, but it's position adds unnecessary spacing between the H and the T. I'd move texas lower (keep it attached to the H) so the T can maintain regular spacing while maintaining the intended effect. And Florida... Really? This one doesn't even look like you put effort in... Frankly, Florida doesn't work with the S at all.It could be cool to see it replace the diagonal of the N, or the top of the T.

All in all, I think this has potential... However, you've still got a long way to go. Choose a stronger font and put more thought into the placement of the states (this is vital), and you could have a pretty good logo. Oh, also, I'm not a big fan of how you just used colored words to represent the teams. I'd suggest using the team logos and lining eight about the logo, and eight below the logo.

I like the idea of the logos, I agree california doesnt look right, thats why I wanted to post it cus Im not sure what to do....do you suggest any fonts?

#RaiderUp

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I apreciate the feedback, I will do the logos....do you suggest any fonts?

Let me take a look into it, and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

This is gonna be really cool. I'm surprised that St.Thomas Aquaintas isn't in their for Florida though.

Theres about 15 schools I could have used for Florida it was tough, same with all the other states. But what I did was went to the ESPN final rankings and took the first four schools listed

#RaiderUp

Archived