Notre Dame wants their logo back

KCScout76

David vs. Golaith - Notre Dame wants Chapman High School (Kansas) to stop using their "fight irish" leprechaun. They can keep the name, but must change the logo.

The article is from this Fall 2011 but I just ran across this article.

Click here to read the article.

Wisconsin has been the a leader in the area, but lots of Universities/Colleges have been protecting their "brand" as well they should.

Kansas State at least lets high schools "rent" their logo. Many of the Wildcat schools here in Kansas & Missouri pay $1.00 to use it for the year.

Here is the video from the local new station: click here

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

K-State has the right idea... as long as the school isn't pumping out merchandise and trying to turn a profit, why not let them have it? If you license it to them, you still protect your trademark rights and you don't seem like a bunch of jerks.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I also know that Springfield (MO) Catholic High School use the fighting irish logo. I wonder if they will get to use it since they are a catholic school. Their logo is a bit different but very simular. They also use the Southern California "SC" - oh boy, they're in trouble now!

SpringfieldCatholic-Logo2.jpg

SCHS_Magnet_Leprechaun_large.jpg

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

K-State has the right idea... as long as the school isn't pumping out merchandise and trying to turn a profit, why not let them have it? If you license it to them, you still protect your trademark rights and you don't seem like a bunch of jerks.

Plus you get the perks of getting your school promoted by usage of a H.S. using your logo - like a commercial.

I also know that Springfield (MO) Catholic High School use the fighting irish logo. I wonder if they will get to use it since they are a catholic school. Their logo is a bit different but very simular. They also use the Southern California "SC" - oh boy, they're in trouble now!

SpringfieldCatholic-Logo2.jpg

SCHS_Magnet_Leprechaun_large.jpg

Those logos are blasphemy. Makes me sick.

Here's the helmet they use for football. As part of a coaching staff that played against Springfield Catholic in the Missouri 1997 football playoffs, they defeated us and went undefeated as they won the 2A state title.

Catholic_-_Springfield.gif

Archived