South Dakota Legislature Discussing Changing the State Flag

hettinger_rl

Here is a proposed design done by artist Dick Termes at least 20 years ago. (Termes is the creator of the Termesphere, check it out sometime)

sd-flag-design-termes.jpg

It is meant to show unity between the Native American population and Anglos. Also, it still incorperates the sun feature that has been used for years.

Current for comparison:

720px-Flag_of_South_Dakota.svg.png

Old (1909) for comparison:

800px-Flag_of_South_Dakota_1909_1963.svg.png

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

The Termes design would be a massive improvement over the current look. I don't much like the very subtle color differences in the blues or the thin black outlines, but those are minor complaints compared to the current mess they use. I would hope they'd open it up for more design submissions, though.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Old (1909) for comparison:

800px-Flag_of_South_Dakota_1909_1963.svg.png

I can see why that didnt last long, how dare they steal our motto. :P

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Why not just use the old one minus the text? It'd be better than that proposed design, and miles better than generic state seal on blue.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

yea, not sure of the creation date on that "sunshine state" one. Sioux time travelers?

i like the Termes design. colors and line work need work, but its a solid start. theres so many blue and yellow state flags with a seal in the middle, most of them just become irrelevant. cant tell the difference from one to the next

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived