Basketball TimE

TimEOBrien

I think Golden State has the bridge motif covered. But it would be amusing to see them play each other with this set.

I agree with Funkatron. The first thing I thought of when I saw the Brooklyn set was that it reminds of the Golden State Warriors. Maybe if the colors were different it would work better.

I agree with both of you, but that was the guy requested, but maybe I'll play around with the colors on the logo and come up with my own version of this set.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Uni Watch's New Orleans Rebrand contest is closed, I'll publish my entry:

New Orleans Krewe:

For my entry in the New Orleans Rebrand Contest, I have decided to go with the identity the New Orleans Krewe.

Krewe_Display_1.jpg

In case you are unaware, a krewe is an organization that puts on a parade and or a ball for the Mardi Gras celebration. Krewes have been an integral part of the New Orleans celebration of Mardi Gras since 1857 and are responsible for some of the most iconic parts of New Orleans' Mardi Gras: Parades, marching bands and throws (trinkets, like beads, thrown to parade spectators).

With this new identity I brought in new colors that are traditionally associated with Mardi Gras: Green for faith, Gold for power and Purple for justice. Using these colors I have taken some imagery from the New Orleans Hornets and either recolored them (this NOLA logo now in Krewe colors) or tweaked them (this fleur-de-lis is sort-of an update on this old Hornets logo) and was inspired by them to create this new main logo. These roots in Hornets history will help the transition to the new identity in the eyes of the fans.

With the new colors being so bold, I decided to go with a more simplistic uniform template on the home and the road uniforms. There are unique features - like the slanted upward NOB and the side panel flaring out at the bottom like the logo's trumpet bell - but for the most part, they remain a classic NBA uniform template.

But the Mardi Gras unis (which I envision will be worn during the Mardi Gras celebration, both at home and on the road, for the two weeks leading up to Fat Tuesday) are a bit out there. When worn, the jerseys will appear almost inverted on players: From the front, only part of the jersey will be purple and from the back only part of the shorts will be. While parts of the home and road uniforms' template can be seen (used for consistency's sake) these jerseys will be like no other in the NBA, just like there is no other Mardi Gras celebration quite like New Orleans'.

I have included a court with a somewhat toned down design, but with a dramatic center court logo.

Finally, I Also have an idea for inside New Orleans Arena.

I say New Orleans should have their stadium announcer speak entirely in French during every second quarter of every home game.

The tradition will be called… The French Quarter.

Thank you.

Personally I'm not a big fan of "New Orleans Krewe" or "Krewe of New Orleans" that some people have been pushing. It just sounds too D-League to me. But you've done an admirable job here. I like the home and away unis...the 3rds not so much. The purple panels just dont't work. I would also go with a horizontal name on back rather than the angled you have.

I have to ask, what font is being used in the "Krewe" logo?

gYH2mW9.png

is the font not Council? I'm fairly sure you edited Council to make the logotype there...

FTCou.GIF

That looks pretty close to what I did, but I drew all of this by "hand" (more like, "track pad"). I didn't use a font, I just used context of Hornets logos and figured out basically what the letters would look like and drew them.

But yeah, use that font if you're trying to get close.

Archived