Charlotte Hornets and New Orleans Crawfish

Lights Out

VTLbG.pngkCtjj.pngd80AT.png

6Bhjo.png

Haven't posted on here in a while, but here's my take on your concept.

1) NAME: Even though we would absolutely love to have back the name Jazz, we all know that that's not going to happen. I applaud your use and re-color of the crawfish logo that was created for the All-Star game we hosted years back though. However, I just can't see even a city like us using that name. It wouldn't strike me as strange if they did, but either way, I think that they can mangae to do better. Krewe of New Orleans, is the leading canidate from circles of both fans and team insiders. We'll see if this ever does happen.

2) COLORS: The ones that you chose are unique to the NBA although the Cavs since their update, now would share a similar color scheme. I don't know if you intened it to, but the colors resemble the seafood boil that we use for cooking the crawfish thus giving ole' boy the nice red exterior as the final result! Delicious by the way! I just don't see the colors working with the Jester/BBall logo that you borrowed from the AS game. Even if you were to color both the star and bells on the tips, It seems a bit awkard considering a Jester hat in the first place invokes a carnival image which we all know is tied to purple, green and gold. My suggestion would be to come up with something new for a secondary.

3) FONT: I see that you were either trying to keep the font similar to what we currently use or just went with something completely different. Similarities aside, I like the font that they use now better than the one you chose. The letters themselves aren't bad, it's just the numerals that kind of throw me off a bit. It seems like there is too much going on with them. The use of a crescent for the 'C' in Crawfish is a nice attempt to the city's nickname, it just doesn't seem to fit, like it's forced in there just to be different. The 'NOLA' on the alternate is nice but it the 'O' and 'A' seems to get lost against the 'N' and even the spacing between the 'L' and 'A' seems to throw it off a bit. Also it reminds me shape wise, of the throwback GS Warriors logo when they wore "The City".

4) UNIFORMS: They are nice and simple which is good since the colors will dominate the eye so there's no need for a lot of embellishments like most other teams. The crawfish tail on the shorts is a nice, unique touch to tie into the name of the team.

Speaking on the Charlotte side of this, I'm not really liking it that much. The court just looks awful, I can't stand the way that is colored. I hate the majority of NBA court but this would easily take the cake. I would also recommend not using the original logo, there is a reason they replaced it. People on here b**** that stuff is too nineties, but that court skates by? Really? No, I would love for the Hornets name and colors to come back, but it could be pulled off much better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived