Israeli Basektball League logo

Starchild

Spent about a half hour toying around. Figured if I'm going to be also redoing the Israeli basketball teams, I should probably hook up a logo. So, here it is.

IBL_logo.gif

I think it's pretty solid, but as always, open for the comments/suggestions. Fire away!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Hmm, what's "basektball"?

Seriously now, obviously a (I don't want to say rip-off, because it's not)...obviously you based it off the NBA logo. I like it, only thing that I see (and this is WAY minor) is the "Israeli Basketball League" text might look better un-italicized. Other than that, I think it's sweet.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Hmm, what's "basektball"?

Woops, typo on the subject title... my mistake :rolleyes:

As for the logo suggestions, was this what you had in mind?

IBL_logo2.gif

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Honestly, I think it would be better minus all of the type... it makes it too busy IMO.

Maybe try slanting the star a little bit, or something else to stylize it a touch. It seems a little square to me.

My bet's on Nadav Henefeld or Doron Sheffer (two of the best Israeli ballers UConn ever had - oh, wait, the only two...)

I think the logo's great, but don't ditch all the type. Leave the "IBL" and its Hebrew equivalent. The rest of the text is redundant.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does Becky Hammon look really hot in that picture?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does Becky Hammon look really hot in that picture?

Nah, it's not just you... she is really hot.

Found a bunch of pics of her just to prove it to myself... and she's got some skill, unlike the majority of the WNBA players. At least she's something for me to watch when the NBA Finals are over and before the Olympics, basketball wise.

EDIT:

Here's version 3. I dropped the text at the top and slanted the logo as Avenger suggested. Any better?

IBL_logo3.gif

Version 3 is clearly the best so far... nice work Starchild! The only thing I'm not crazy about is the IBL/hebrew equivalent within the star, but I'm plum out of ideas on how to fix it, so I'll leave it at "Keep up the good work!"

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived