Glossy "Medallion" Logo Series - Avatars/iPhone Lockscreens

HisAirness24

Decided to follow the semi-new fad of creating iPhone lockscreen wallpapers as well as doing avatars. I followed an online tutorial and wanted to test it with sports logos and I'm satisfied with how it came out. I guess I'd describe it as kind of a 'medallion' effect.

Here's a preview of both:

72a7pw.jpg

Lockscreen wallpaper (Click for full size):

gbpiphonewall.th.jpg

If you guys are interested, here's how you can request:

- Pick outside, mid, and inside color of your liking (e.g. Jags outside stroke = gold, mid = teal, inside = teal.

- Pick background color of your liking (only applies to lock screen wallpapers)

Taking requests for any and all sports. Thanks!

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

Decided to follow the semi-new fad of creating iPhone lockscreen wallpapers as well as doing avatars. I followed an online tutorial and wanted to test it with sports logos and I'm satisfied with how it came out. I guess I'd describe it as kind of a 'medallion' effect.

Here's a preview of both:

72a7pw.jpg

Lockscreen wallpaper (Click for full size):

gbpiphonewall.th.jpg

If you guys are interested, I can make either:

1) A silhouette of the logo or 2) A black/white version of the logo.

Other details if you'd like to request:

- Choose background color of the avatar or wallpaper

- Choose color of Outside and Inside Stroke (e.g. Jags outside stroke = gold, inside = teal, it can be the same if you'd like)

Taking requests for any and all sports. Thanks!

Cool. I've been messing with iphone lockscreen wallpaper creations as well and some of mine look better than others, but one of the things I've been doing is what I call the 'button' effect-simple rounded corners and beveled/bump layer and a shine effect. though I can never get the gloss effect the same in anything I do. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it the 'easy' beginners way though.

In addition with other more simple wallpaper for all NHL Stanley Cup Playoff teams.

Anyway, I like the medallion effect -looks nice and shiny. I like the avatar a lot. I'm interested in seeing what you could do with the San Jose Sharks logo.

-I'd like the avatar.

-As for Silhouette or Black & White - If you could make the logo not black and white, but metallic silver that would be awesome, otherwise doesn't matter: whichever looks best to you.

- Inside = black, outside = teal (same teal shade as my sig)

Thanks!!

These are awesome dude, could you do a detroit tigers iphone wallpaper one?

Maybe with this logo if it looks alright?

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/53/59/full/6n8ewtl7lzamf20eohyv4aav2.gif

Tiger blue background, orange stroke, and again tiger's blue for the inside (maybe a little lighter shade like you did for the green bay one)

Or whatever looks best like fouhy said.

HisAirness24 - Just curious if you have a link to the online tut you followed as I'm always looking for more practice and want to take a look (I have a few ideas myself on how to do it - just want to see how similar/different they are) and try a few creations myself.

Thanks in advance. :)

Could I get a Kansas City Chiefs lock screen with a red background and white outside stroke?

Kansas City Royals with blue background and white outside stroke, using just the white KC cap logo?

And if possible, a Wichita State with a black background and gold outside stroke using this http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww138/kbrown7_photos/WuShockOldLogo.jpg?

If that logo won't work, then maybe this http://image.lasermagic.net/?width=575&height=575&productid=25251

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay, been a very busy couple weeks...Anyway, knocked out the rest:

Tigers:

tigersiphonewall.th.jpg

Longhorns:

longhorsiphonewall2.th.jpg

Chiefs

kcchiefsiwall.th.jpg

Royals

kcroyalsiwall.th.jpg

Wichita State

wchstiwall.th.jpg

Taking more requests! I should be able to make them on a more regular basis.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

can i get a

houston texans with blue background, blue inside and white outside stroke, using just the logo

houston astros with Brick Red background, Sand inside, and black outside stroke, using just the logo

houston rockets with red background, gray inside, and white outside stroke, using just the logo

Would love to get avatars version for a couple teams..

- Atlanta Braves (cap logo)

- Florida Gators (the old U over F logo, with white inside the medallion blue or orange border)

- Jacksonville Sharks (shark fin secondary)

Thanks a ton man! Love the Jaguar one.

edit: Would you mind sharing the link to that tutorial? I'd like to play around with it as well for practice's sake.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived