KyleMakesConcepts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my crack at the monarchs :)

let me know what you think

JCg5g.png

aOqS7.jpg

I like the idea of each of your logos, though obviously detail and quality is lacking due to use of Paint and small sizing. I'm also a fan of the jersey template you went with.

The biggest suggestion I can make is to try to balance your colours a lot better. Just because you choose red, purple and yellow as your team's colours doesn't mean all three deserve equal representation throughout your uniforms and logos. Try going with purple as your primary colour, yellow as your secondary, and using red and white exclusively as trim colours. The colour scheme does have potential, but having all three colours as equals sorta gives a court jester type feel to things.

Lastly, I highly recommend not using yellow breezers for any of the jerseys. Typically, they are always a dark color because using a bright one dras attention away from the jerseys themselves. Purple is the most logical choice, though if you decide to use red as your secondary colour, that could work for the breezers as well.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Hey guys! Sorry about not replying to anything, I've been in Toronto for the weekend. I'll fix up the Nords later today. Good job on the concepts so far everyone. For the Panthers concept, I would suggest darkening the colors a little bit, they look a little light right now. I do like the Monarchs concept, but I'm not a fan of the yellow pants. Good job overall to everyone though!!

One does not simply beat the Buffalo Sabres... oh wait.

Is it okay if i claim Halifax and use this logo i found on a website: halifax_destroyers.png

the site doesn't see to be in use anymore. i'll try and contact one of the guys to see if i can use it or not if you like. you said the name could change. is destroyers fine with you?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I have a few concepts already made up for hypothetical Milwaukee/Wisconsin NHL clubs... I'd be more than willing to lend them to this series as long as you're not married to the Milwaukee Wolves name.

Saskatoon Rebellion is coming along but I need some opionins on my colour scheme. Part of my logo is the skyline of Saskatoon, but if I do the 'sky' grey, which looks better with the red, white and black, it looks like a piss miserable day in ol' Saskatoon! If I do it blue it looks brighter but it takes on a red, white and blue look. Would that work on a team from Canada? Ive considered changing red for blue and having a colour scheme like the Saskatoon Blades but I wanted to avoid that, OR, make the sky navy so it looks like its almost night time. Sounds trivial, but this being my first posted concept in 4 years Im feeling a little rusty! :rolleyes:

sigen.jpg

Saskatoon Rebellion is coming along but I need some opionins on my colour scheme. Part of my logo is the skyline of Saskatoon, but if I do the 'sky' grey, which looks better with the red, white and black, it looks like a piss miserable day in ol' Saskatoon! If I do it blue it looks brighter but it takes on a red, white and blue look. Would that work on a team from Canada? Ive considered changing red for blue and having a colour scheme like the Saskatoon Blades but I wanted to avoid that, OR, make the sky navy so it looks like its almost night time. Sounds trivial, but this being my first posted concept in 4 years Im feeling a little rusty! :rolleyes:

maybe use a dark blue and cherry red with a calm silver colour? that might pop. or maybe use a yellow?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

maybe use a dark blue and cherry red with a calm silver colour? that might pop. or maybe use a yellow?

Never thought of yellow...maybe not with the cherry red, its the Rebellion not the Hulk Hogans...but I shall mess around and see what stands out!

sigen.jpg

Never thought of yellow...maybe not with the cherry red, its the Rebellion not the Hulk Hogans...but I shall mess around and see what stands out!

I like your idea of making it a night time logo, maybe go with colors of black and a two tone blue (navy and one like Colorado uses, or even what Atlanta used, a little darker than baby blue).

I have a few concepts already made up for hypothetical Milwaukee/Wisconsin NHL clubs... I'd be more than willing to lend them to this series as long as you're not married to the Milwaukee Wolves name.

I'm not attached to any names, excpet for the ones for teams that actually existed (Ex. Nordiques for Quebec, Bombers for Seattle, Eagles for Portland, etc.). I can't wait to see what you can come up with!!!

Is it okay if i claim Halifax and use this logo i found on a website: halifax_destroyers.png

the site doesn't see to be in use anymore. i'll try and contact one of the guys to see if i can use it or not if you like. you said the name could change. is destroyers fine with you?

As long as you get credit to use the logo, I'm fine with changing the name to Destroyers.

I'm not attached to any names, excpet for the ones for teams that actually existed (Ex. Nordiques for Quebec, Bombers for Seattle, Eagles for Portland, etc.). I can't wait to see what you can come up with!!!

As long as you get credit to use the logo, I'm fine with changing the name to Destroyers.

Just got credit from Shawn at nhl2p, who made the logo. will get started on this ASAP!

Just got credit from Shawn at nhl2p, who made the logo. will get started on this ASAP!

Can't wait to see the unis!

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION

Atlantic Schooners or Nova Scotia Voyageurs (Halifax, NS)

Baltimore Clippers

Boston Bruins

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Firebirds or Philadelphia Ramblers

NORTHERN DIVISION

Hamilton Tigers

Montréal Canadiens

Ottawa Senators

Québec Nordiques

Toronto Maple Leafs

CENTRAL DIVISION

Buffalo Bisons

Chicago Blackhawks

Cincinnati Stingers

Detroit Red Wings

Milwaukee Admirals

WESTERN CONFERENCE

SOUTHERN DIVISION

Houston Apollos

Indianapolis Racers

Kansas City Blues

Nashville South Stars

New Orleans Rogues

NORTHWEST DIVISION

Calgary Cowboys

Edmonton Oil Kings

Minnesota Fighting Saints (St. Paul, MN)

Saskatoon

Winnipeg Jets

PACIFIC DIVISION

Denver Spurs

Los Angeles Monarchs

Portland Eagles

Seattle Metropolitans or Seattle Ironmen

Vancouver Canucks

Members of the Mohawk Nation were never indigenous to any region remotely close to the current site of Kansas City. They were originally denizens of the Mohawk Valley in the State of New York. Later, Mohawk people moved further west in upstate New York, as well as to Southern Quebec and Eastern Ontario in Canada.

The Mohawks are not named after the tribe. I wanted to name them the Hawks, but because of the Blackhawks, I could not. So, I took MO, the initials of the state of Missouri, and put it in front of hawks, hence Mohawks.

Members of the Mohawk Nation were never indigenous to any region remotely close to the current site of Kansas City. They were originally denizens of the Mohawk Valley in the State of New York. Later, Mohawk people moved further west in upstate New York, as well as to Southern Quebec and Eastern Ontario in Canada.

The Mohawks are not named after the tribe. I wanted to name them the Hawks, but because of the Blackhawks, I could not. So, I took MO, the initials of the state of Missouri, and put it in front of hawks, hence Mohawks.

That was the reasoning behind the name of the old Kansas City Mohawks. Clever, but - nevertheless - confusing. I'd have gone with the Kansas City Blues.

That was the reasoning behind the name of the old Kansas City Mohawks. Clever, but - nevertheless - confusing. I'd have gone with the Kansas City Blues.

Actually very clever. My suggestion would be a bit different in terms of team names...

Kansas City Fortress

sigen.jpg

Archived