NBA Draft..

Broncos084

With the Magic winning the number one draft spot in Thursday's lottery I see the Magic taking Emeka Okafor. I can't see any team being fooled by the 13 high schoolers who entered the draft besides the Bobcats. Bernie Bickerstaff, Bobcat's Gm and coach, is said to be cheap. With him knowing that he could gamble with a low cost high school star, I say he will. But for the other NBA teams, I think they should stick with college players. There's not gonna be another Le'Bron for a while, so they shouldn't get their hopes up. Luol Deng (F;Duke), Ryan Gomes (F;Providence) and Ben Gordon (G;UConn) are who the teams should be looking for.

You guys have any thoughts?

I think Sebastian Telfair might be the highschooler who breaks out... could be an Allen Iverson (hopefully this time without the attitude), being an undersized point guard with great moves and scoring touch, but there's also a chance he might not pan out.

The high schoolers are bad for the players as individuals and the quality of the league. For every KG and Kobe there's at least 2 failures... look at the highschoolers from the last two years.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

better yet, look no further than Korleone Young...Young just let people tell him he was NBA material when he wasn't, now you couldn't find him if he was holding a big ass KORLEONE YOUNG sign wearing lime green...then ya got Leon Smith...if you don't remember, good. I don't wanna recap that whole thing, that was straight made-for-movie plop.

Telfair may be ready...he's not #1 pick material, however. Dwight Howard, same story...I don't care if he got so much potential you can smell it from Hotlanta to Detroit, he won't have LeBron's impact. it took a few years for KG to fully get it, it took a while for Kobe to get most of it. It'll take at least 3 years for Telfair and Howard to get it somewhat.

In a similar thread, the consensus was Okafor's #1. If the Orlando Magic listen to T-Mac and trade it, they are fools. Last time I checked his position abbreviation was SG, not GM. If anyone other than Emeka Okafor is the #1 pick, the Orlando Magic are fools. Don't let the media tell you there is no consensus #1, there is and it is Okafor.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I heard a rumor that Utah is looking to trade up with Chicago. The rumors says they would trade Matt Harpring & the 16th pick for the 3rd pick. Any thoughts???

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

my thoughts? that the Bulls will rise again. it just won't be for three more years, at least. i dunno what paxson's gonna do. they just need help.

Jazz wise, you know better than i would.

Bucks wise, size is what we need. If there's any good ones lingering(Okafor will be on his way to O-Town long before then), the Bucks should take em.

and staying in state, I wish Devin Harris hadn't declared, it'd be nice to say "National Champion Wisconsin Badgers" next year.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Magic Situation - If they're smart, they'll trade the number one overall pick and pick up someone with proven talent to compliment T-Mac. This is one of the weakest drafts in recent memory, and none of the guys in this years draft will be able to help the Orlando Magic short term, which is what T-Mac wants. He's not sticking around for someone to develop, so if they want to keep McGrady, and want to improve immediately, let someone else waste the pick on Okafur and steal someone good.

High Schoolers - It's a win or lose situation with the high schoolers. On one side, you've got superstars like Kobe, Garnett and LeBron. On the other you've got someone like Darius Miles who can't seem to live up to his original billing, or even worse, you could get any of the no-name high schoolers who aren't even around anymore. Personally, I think Telfair should've gone to college for at least a year... but having him in the NBA should be interesting. Whoever takes him better look out when they face his cousin Starbury... should be fun.

Mock NBA Draft - I got dibs on the Knicks... oh wait, we don't have any first round picks ^_^ . You're welcome Phoenix (at least it's not a lottery pick).

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

How many teams are considering Rafael Araujo?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

and staying in state, I wish Devin Harris hadn't declared, it'd be nice to say "National Champion Wisconsin Badgers" next year.

I'm still in denial. They would have been a legit national title contender.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'd take the T-Wolves, but they are still paying for Joe Smith. This might be the last year though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived