St. Louis Cardinals

Lights Out

I love the return of the St. Louis script. The jerseys are nice but the L on the cap logo seems like it is in an odd position. Maybe the yellow inner outline is throwing me off. I also think the stirrups would benefit from white replacing the yellow stripe. Nice concept overall!

spacer.png

The problem with the StL monogram matching the scripts is that the L is way too big. If any letter should be too big, it should be the S. Ultimately, I think the way the three letters interlock on the current cap is perfect, whether in their current sans-serif form, the slightly more stylized version that used to be on the mothership but isn't anymore, or the old STL Browns version.

Yellow stripes on the socks just kind of muddy it up for me. White stripes accentuate the navy better, I feel.

I love that there's a road script, but why is the L so big? It's distracting. When I gave the mythical St. Louis-below-bat a crack, I didn't bother trying to make both the S and L hang from the bat:

ogk0v.jpg

Also, as for concerns that "St. Louis" was either too short or too long to match up with "Cardinals" thus making it impossible to use, I made it so they share the overhang of the S/C and the last s:

Eoqm6.jpg

So no reason it can't work.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The problem with the StL monogram matching the scripts is that the L is way too big. If any letter should be too big, it should be the S. Ultimately, I think the way the three letters interlock on the current cap is perfect, whether in their current sans-serif form, the slightly more stylized version that used to be on the mothership but isn't anymore, or the old STL Browns version.

Yellow stripes on the socks just kind of muddy it up for me. White stripes accentuate the navy better, I feel.

I love that there's a road script, but why is the L so big? It's distracting. When I gave the mythical St. Louis-below-bat a crack, I didn't bother trying to make both the S and L hang from the bat:

ogk0v.jpg

Also, as for concerns that "St. Louis" was either too short or too long to match up with "Cardinals" thus making it impossible to use, I made it so they share the overhang of the S/C and the last s:

Eoqm6.jpg

So no reason it can't work.

I've lessened my stance on it not working due to length, but the way the L drops down does make it a bit awkward looking with the number. However, I'd not be against it on the roads at all.

This concept, however, does not fix anything, not that anything aside from St. Louis on the roads really needs to be fixed.

EDIT: Don't know if it was intentional, but the all-white circle eyes are creepy as hell. I think I'm gonna have nightmares about zombie birds.

Archived