Nat's Blue Jerseys

MC2

There might not be another NL team using that convention, but the Walgreens-W is too weak to stand on its own as a jersey logo.

Combine that with the beauty of their under-utilized script, and this should be their home jersey:

NationalsPrototypeFront.jpg?t=1290011472

Now why didn't they use that exact script in their set instead of the one that doesn't even match the Washington script?

There might not be another NL team using that convention, but the Walgreens-W is too weak to stand on its own as a jersey logo.

Combine that with the beauty of their under-utilized script, and this should be their home jersey:

I coulda sworn the "rally teams" jerseys from last night were a red version of this. Apparently the said "Nat Pack".

Hotter Than July > Thriller

See, the problem is that that jersey looks too "weak." It's too generic. It looks like everyone else. The only reason it looks nice is because they don't wear it. Once they wear it for a few games, people would realize how boring of a jersey it is and how it dilutes their already incredibly boring identity.

If an olde English D and an interlocking NY can stand on their own, then so can a curly W. If it were a generic W I would agree with you, but the curly W is basically the Nats' symbol around DC. It's become their immediately recognizable icon, and it has some character.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

If an olde English D and an interlocking NY can stand on their own, then so can a curly W. If it were a generic W I would agree with you, but the curly W is basically the Nats' symbol around DC. It's become their immediately recognizable icon, and it has some character.

But everywhere else, it's recognized as a drug store.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Did they just not realize this when they were branding the team? Or was it intentional somehow?

I wonder whatever happened to the 'DC' jerseys. Must have been axed with the rehaul.

Yea that's the one I have... Was definitely axed... Didn't see it necessary tho...

The interlocking DC logo was scuttled in 2010 when the Nats introduced the current uniform sets. Management wanted to further emphasize the "Curly W" logo. Unfortunately, I cannot find the correct article; but, I believe that one of the Lerners, either Ted or Mark, absolutely hated the DC logo.

Did they just not realize this when they were branding the team? Or was it intentional somehow?

When the Washington Senators unveiled their pretzel-W in 1963, those things didn't matter as much. They could use a cap logo that at the very least bore a strong resemblance to a drugstore logo, because the two were never viewed in the same context. You'd see one where you bought asprin and toothpaste, and the other on caps and at the ballpark. You weren't ever seeing the two logos side-by-side on Web page ads. The two were never used interchangeably as Twitter avatars.

That logo should have been allowed to gracefully die. But when the move was announced, Washington's city fathers wanted to have something to wear for the press conference. That meant Cooperstown Collection, and that meant the Walgreens-W.

a_dcmayor_hi.jpg

And that choice was carried over into the team's inaugural uniforms, and continues to screw up the uniform today.

Archived