St. Louis Rottweilers?

Ez Street

they coulda called em the Pitbulls, in homage to the breed of dog that no one should own. same difference, though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

they coulda called em the Pitbulls, in homage to the breed of dog that no one should own. same difference, though.

I have two Pits and they're the most well-behaved dogs I've ever known. It's not the dog, it's the master.

CGP.gif

As far as an NBA team, isn't there some issue with the former owners of the Spirits? I seem to recall reading that in the merger, they were granted the rights to the St. Louis market in perpetuity, and a share in merchandise and revenue. So they get more money not fielding a team than they would putting one on the court.

You're close. The owners of the Spirits received 4/7ths of 1% of the NBA's annual television dollars in perpetuity. In 1976 that amounted to about 10 grand or so but now its in excess of a mil a year.

they coulda called em the Pitbulls, in homage to the breed of dog that no one should own.  same difference, though.

I have two Pits and they're the most well-behaved dogs I've ever known. It's not the dog, it's the master.

true, they'll let any moron own a dog.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

true, they'll let any moron own a dog.

And they'll let anyone procreate without a license.

Go Rotts!

CGP.gif

They're logo will end up beign a dog pi$$ing on a ABA colored firehydrant (sp?) or a dog sniffing a ABA ball or something along those line. At least it's not gonna be a millonare humping a bull. :shocked:

Please, when we find a logo for them, can we start a new thread? I've only been checking this to see if we have ended up with a logo...

I'm betting a dog head, biting the fool out of a multi-color, extra panel basketball

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Regarding an NBA franchise in St. Louis - having lived in that metro area for a while, I really believe the city could sustain four major league clubs. A basketball team would tap a market that isn't being tapped right now - because you're talking about a city and region with a huge black population that doesn't go to hockey games en masse (though I have to admit, the Blues have one of the most "racially diverse" teams in hockey - which isn't saying much, I know), Cardinals games aren't much more diverse and Rams games are largely too expensive - and the season is too short anyway.

I think an NBA franchise could appeal in ways none of those sports do. That's what the Blues owner was thinking when he wanted to buy the Hornets and put them at Savvis. But, the Hornets owners wanted to retain ownership. So instead of the NBA forcing their hand, they just let the worse owner in pro basketball move a team to a market that will relegate them to 3rd tier status in no time.

I think there is still room for a team to move before long, so the city still has a shot. I dunno what team it would be, mind you. But I can't believe that the NBA will be able to continue with languishing franchises in some of the more recent expansion cities.

We'll see..

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived