NHL Rework

cdulski10

Alright so I have been trying to fix this Calgary concept.... and if these don't work out, then I think i need to scratch the horse head and find a suitable alternate logo. I darkened up the horse's head to almost black, hoping that it would give off a little more contrast with the gray which i think it did a bit. Also I added antique gold ( i know it kind of looks more like Spicy Brown Mustard Color) but Im going to be honest personally not much of a fan of the Red and Yellow, to Ronald McDonald for me. Also I was kind of hoping to evoke the feeling of the brass from that Fire Fighters use..... to fight flames. Also i feel like this color works well to accent the red and grays, it gives the jersey a little extra pop, and its fresh. I touched up the eyes with this color as well as adding a white outline on the home jersey to the Horse Head. For the Alternate, i went back to the old time feel, and switched up the font, and did one of the classic hockey look (imo) with the diagonal word mark across the sweater.

After a couple months of just reading and perusing the sight, I now know this stuff is a lot tougher than it looks i gotta be honest with you. I appreciate all the CC and help guys. And as a straight up noob with not alot of artistic skill, its been a fun process i hope to keep working on. Thanks for you help y'all

Home Jersey

CalHome.jpg

Away Jersey

CalAway.jpg

Alternate Jersey

CalJersey-1.jpg

It's a definite improvement, but there are a few things that need tweaking:

• On the home, replace all light grey around the collar/shoulders with yellow, and then make the thin yellow stripe on the shoulder yoke white. For the stripes, replace the thin grey line with white. Add a red outline to the captain's "C" and make the grey outline around the back number white.
  • On the road, replace all light grey with dark grey (so only one shade is used in total; three colours is enough)
  • On the road, make the arm striping be the same as the hem striping
  • I'm not a fan of any team mimicking the Rangers'style script
  • The chest logo is a it too big

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's a definite improvement, but there are a few things that need tweaking:

• Add more white to the home (replace all light grey with white)
  • On the road, replace all light grey with dark grey (so only one shade is used in total; three colours is enough)
  • On the road, make the arm striping be the same as the hem striping
  • I'm not a fan of any team mimicking the Rangers'style script
  • the chest logo is a it too big

I agree with all of this plus, I think you should play around with the flames coming out of the horse's nostril and the one on its forehead, I just dont think it look right. For the alternate, maybe you could show the horse's body galloping, kind of like what SMU has for their primary logo.

Significant improvement. I would suggest brightening the yellow and red on the jersey to give it a more "firey" feel, but the design is great.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

There isn't enough contrast between the gray and the red, so the numbers and letters on the third and home will completely disappear. Make those white with gray outlines, I think they'll pop more that way anyways.

You're also going to have to work on the home logo a bit, that thing is invisible with the gray and black on gray

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so its been a while since my last concept, but I wanted to try my hand at designing a new logo. As well as give this some deep thought on the make up of this uniform.

As far as the new logo, it is a little amature, and would love some ideas to make it look sharper and cleaner but with paint its the best i could do. I will say I took the mountain range from another logo and worked it into this concept, so I can't take credit for them. I know i will get "it looks like the old colorado rockies logo" but i think this one is a lot more stylelized than that. Also if you look at the top of the triangle, the negative space creates another mountain.

The color scheme follows a ski patrol color scheme with red being dominant, and the dark gold and blue used as accents. Hope you all enjoy and always CC is appreciated.

Logo

XcelAvsLogo.jpg

Home Jersey

ColAvsHome.jpg

Away Jersey

ColoradoAvsAway.jpg

I like the color scheme and the road jersey looks great. One thing I would suggest on the home jersey is to make the numbers a lighter color to make them a little more visible. Also, I think you should at least add some kind of snow element to the logo to give it a more Avalanche-like feel.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

One thing I would suggest on the home jersey is to make the numbers a lighter color to make them a little more visible.

Add a small amount of white to the striping on the pants

I agree with both of these. Regarding the logo, the red outline is a bit thin; beef it up.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I've never been a fan of the Avalanche identity, so I heartily approve of this branding in general. Yes, definitely thicken that outside outline. Maybe a snowflake-based shoulder patch?

rATMcmK.png

Archived