Deutschland Fußballkonzept!

AndrewPF

Hey guys-

I made a concept set for Germany's national soccer team, utilizing a green road kit and the old Adidas trefoil throughout, to nod to Germany's rich soccer history.

First is the home:

germanyhome.png

Here's the road:

germanyroad.png

Here's one for the keeper, based on Germany's coat of arms:

germanykeeper.png

The black body represents the eagle's body, the yellow sleeves represent the background, while the Adidas stripes there double as the eagle's feathers, and the red socks represent the eagle's talons.

Kommentare und Kritik sind wilkommen wie immer, or C&C welcome as always, if you like.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Bland but efficient. Germane for the Germans.

haha, I like the green on the Change, but the primary is the truth. Great look for the Germans.

BUT... A little too "Adidas Template" for my tastes. I know Adidas is German, but come on, they usually exhibit some creativity for the home squad.

Thank you both for your kind comments.

Tim, to address your concern. With the home I was trying to reflect the basic, "plain and efficient" quality associated with Germany.

What do you think of the keeper kit? I was thinking of just making it gold and sublimating the eagle, but I thought "Actually, no. :censored: that. The keeper can BE the eagle!"

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

What do you think of the keeper kit? I was thinking of just making it gold and sublimating the eagle, but I thought "Actually, no. :censored: that. The keeper can BE the eagle!"

I didn't actually look it up until I saw this quote.

My reaction: Hilarious. hahaha, I thought it was a good keeper kit, but I didn't realize he was also the team mascot. Well done.

AND by 'home squad' I meant Germany is Adidas' home team, I wasn't just talking about the home kit.

My one complaint would be that the black numbers on the green would be tough to make out... and they're kinda ugly. White would work much better.

Likewise the keeper kit, but that's because of the white outline against the yellow.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not really keen on these at all, I can appreciate the simplicity especially with the kit using the trefoil logo harking back to the days when kits were essentially a team logo and not a whole lot else. Where you have tried to inject the plainness of the shirt with a bit of life, it comes across more like you're trying to force something to be original, for example the trefoil logo being changed to the German colours. The shirt crest is also too fussy for this retro look, the outer circle with the colours could have been cut away and the stars changed to black. The old DFB logo on the back of the collar also looks out of place being green and all. The socks with the wide hoops also look very much forced into something a retro styled kit shouldn't be.

The away falls to these same problems, the tricolor accompanying the green and white here just looks totally out of place, it has two colours too many in the design and the number on the back would have sat quite happily in white instead of black with a white outline.

I can appreciate the concept behind the GK kit, although maybe there you could have used a 'lighter black' so that the seems of the shirt are still visible rather than being a black silhouette.

The redeeming feature of all these though is that you're using an original template.

Hope my comments didn't come across as too harsh.

Archived