gojetsgo's challenge

gojetsgo

Sorry, i was looking for something that kind of went with Heroin. If anybody can think of something else(another large city starting with H), tell me, and I'll go back and change it.

Nothing against Halifax.

Well, it's not really offense, it's that the contest is making fun of a city for a reason, not just an insulting name. Like TO being the "Centre of the universe" and Sydney's tarponds.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for so long.

After days and days of anticipation, I give you:

The MONTREAL SMOKE :

MontrealSmoke.gif

For those of you who haven't been in "La Ville aux Cents Clochers" (The city of the hundred Steeples), if you ever make it there, do the following test:

You walk into a dinner and aske the hostess for a "Non-Smoker's Table" and observe...

She'll walk you straight in the middle of the restaurant, smoking or not (most likely is...), and remove the ash tray from the table: TAADAA! this is now a non-smoking table!

And this, my friends, will assure this Frenchie will not move back to the "homeland".

p.s.: Feedback on the logo is more than welcome, it's necessary...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The MONTREAL SMOKE :

MontrealSmoke.gif

For those of you who haven't been in "La Ville aux Cents Clochers" (The city of the hundred Steeples), if you ever make it there, do the following test:

You walk into a dinner and aske the hostess for a "Non-Smoker's Table" and observe...

She'll walk you straight in the middle of the restaurant, smoking or not (most likely is...), and remove the ash tray from the table: TAADAA! this is now a non-smoking table!

And this, my friends, will assure this Frenchie will not move back to the "homeland".

That really isn't how mtl restaurants are! Bars maybe but not restaurants. Most of them have a really small smoking area like only 15% of the entire room. And not to forget a possible law that could be established in 2005: NO SMOKING AT ALL in ANY restaurant or ANY BAR! I hope this comes true because i'm against smoking.

The MONTREAL SMOKE :

MontrealSmoke.gif

That really isn't how mtl restaurants are! Bars maybe but not restaurants. Most of them have a really small smoking area like only 15% of the entire room. And not to forget a possible law that could be established in 2005: NO SMOKING AT ALL in ANY restaurant or ANY BAR! I hope this comes true because i'm against smoking.

Haven't been in a RESTAURANT in Montreal more then twice in the last 15 months maybe, but I could give 3-4 names of restaurants (dinner) downtown where it happened just the way I said the year before. I have yet to see a smoking room like they have here in Toronto.

I know by-laws have changed, but having lived there for more then the first half of my life, I can guarantee you SMOKELESS is far from happening.

By-laws are nothing if not enforced...

Regardless of where the by-laws are, it is a well known fact that the smoing rate amongst French-Canadian is way through the roof.

Tell me you never saw a shop-keeper put his/her cigarette down by the cash to ring your purchase in...

I even saw hairdressers smoking on the job...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived