gojetsgo's challenge

gojetsgo

With all due respect to Frenchie, I needed to use the pot leaf in my design as well. His is a more pleasant use, whereas mine simply refers to the trafficking aspect. That said, here's my loving tribute to (as Springsteen would say) "my hometown".

bangers.jpg

CGP.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all due respect to Frenchie, I needed to use the pot leaf in my design as well. His is a more pleasant use, whereas mine simply refers to the trafficking aspect. That said, here's my loving tribute to (as Springsteen would say) "my hometown".

bangers.jpg

With all "due respect", the Trafficcing can be used for 80% of all urban North American centres these days, including Toronto.

If you wanted a Gangster/Chicago concept, why not some Prohibition concept? Naaah! too cliché.

Or some "political payback/patronage"?

Finally, "Gangbanging" is borderline offensive, but I agree that we need to be more forgiving when it's a HOMETOWN Concept.

BTW, I should have started by thanking you for the compliment, I assume that "Pleasant" does denote a compliment...

Dude! Here's my Olympic Medal Back, I'd rather get stoked!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

With all due respect to Frenchie, I needed to use the pot leaf in my design as well.  His is a more pleasant use, whereas mine simply refers to the trafficking aspect.  That said, here's my loving tribute to (as Springsteen would say) "my hometown".

bangers.jpg

With all "due respect", the Trafficcing can be used for 80% of all urban North American centres these days, including Toronto.

If you wanted a Gangster/Chicago concept, why not some Prohibition concept? Naaah! too cliché.

Or some "political payback/patronage"?

Finally, "Gangbanging" is borderline offensive, but I agree that we need to be more forgiving when it's a HOMETOWN Concept.

BTW, I should have started by thanking you for the compliment, I assume that "Pleasant" does denote a compliment...

Dude! Here's my Olympic Medal Back, I'd rather get stoked!!!

It's not meant to be offensive, it's reality. Please note that I didn't pick on any one gang, or ethnic group. All ethnicities (Black, White, Brown, Blue, you name it) are involved in gangs in this town.

And yes, "Pleasant" was meant as a compliment.

Cheers,

CGP.gif

bangers.jpg

I know it's your hometown and far-be-it of me to dispute anything negative about Chicago, but I resent havin' my favorite plant used in a concept having to do with gang-culture. Not all people who smoke weed are the heat-packin' lowlife addicts that the prohibitionists would have you believe.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

With all due respect to Frenchie, I needed to use the pot leaf in my design as well.  His is a more pleasant use, whereas mine simply refers to the trafficking aspect.  That said, here's my loving tribute to (as Springsteen would say) "my hometown".

bangers.jpg

I know it's your hometown and far-be-it of me to dispute anything negative about Chicago, but I resent havin' my favorite plant used in a concept having to do with gang-culture. Not all people who smoke weed are the heat-packin' lowlife addicts that the prohibitionists would have you believe.

Like I said, it's "Old School". The Gangbangers don't deal in crack or X, they're true to the old school roots of supporting the ganja.

Anyway, I'm more of a whiskey man myself. I was never into Lucifer's Leaf, but I bet it would be cool to smoke a big twister and then head on down to Mar's Cheese Castle and munch away!

CGP.gif

The worst thing is, I know EXACTLY what your talking about. Mars Cheese Castle...Hit up the Brat Stop instead man. Or another Castle right there, and that's the White one....Mmmmm Slidders....

Okay, which one of the Gary Five is the child molester? (I'm sorry, I had to ask!)

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

oh no, he played the WC card! :hockeysmiley:

(inside joke with me and discrim stemming from my visit to chicago last year, where I has the pleasure (?) of sampling WC for the first time)

White Castle Burgers (aka Whiteys and Sliders) rule! Nothing in this world can put you in a gaseous state quicker, usually before you leave the restaurant!

CGP.gif

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one.  For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city.

but whats amazing is, if the Leafs made it to the finals against an American team in the sunbelt, you western canadians would be gung-ho in your support for them <_<

Don't speak for all Canadians there, ICS. I'm a Winnipegger, a proud Canadian, and I hate the Leafs. The only blue I bleed is for the Bombers, and for the most part, AFAIC, Leafs Nation can all take a leap. (Go Sens Go)

Present company excepted, of course.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one. For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city.

but whats amazing is, if the Leafs made it to the finals against an American team in the sunbelt, you western canadians would be gung-ho in your support for them <_<

Don't speak for all Canadians there, ICS. I'm a Winnipegger, a proud Canadian, and I hate the Leafs. The only blue I bleed is for the Bombers, and for the most part, AFAIC, Leafs Nation can all take a leap. (Go Sens Go)

Agreed 100%.

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one. For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city.

Agreed 100%.

Let's not lose track of the SARCASM Here...

I'm pretty sure the centre of the universe IS Sarcasm...

Nobody said that all Canadians were pleased to see the leadership of "the center of the universe"...

It refers to how Torontonians ACT as if...

For those south of 49, the way you feel about New York, is the way Canada feels about Toronto.

We like to say that the only thing that unites Canada, is its hatred towards Toronto...

@Frenchie_TO

5 days left guys!

Lets use this thread to post logos, rather than just bash various cities verbally. Bash your least favourite city logo-style! We've got only 7 entries so far (excluding myself, since I won't officially enter mine).

Come on! Use your logo talents for evil!

Good point GJG!

So easy to get "hooked" ...

As promised, Montreal should be in before the end of the week, most likely Thursday night...

@Frenchie_TO

bangers.jpg

Like I said, it's "Old School". The Gangbangers don't deal in crack or X, they're true to the old school roots of supporting the ganja.

Anyway, I'm more of a whiskey man myself. I was never into Lucifer's Leaf, but I bet it would be cool to smoke a big twister and then head on down to Mar's Cheese Castle and munch away!

If it's old school then why is there a gun in the logo? No self respecting OG would be caught packin' heat...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived