gojetsgo's challenge

gojetsgo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all due respect to Frenchie, I needed to use the pot leaf in my design as well.  His is a more pleasant use, whereas mine simply refers to the trafficking aspect.  That said, here's my loving tribute to (as Springsteen would say) "my hometown".

bangers.jpg

I know it's your hometown and far-be-it of me to dispute anything negative about Chicago, but I resent havin' my favorite plant used in a concept having to do with gang-culture. Not all people who smoke weed are the heat-packin' lowlife addicts that the prohibitionists would have you believe.

Like I said, it's "Old School". The Gangbangers don't deal in crack or X, they're true to the old school roots of supporting the ganja.

Anyway, I'm more of a whiskey man myself. I was never into Lucifer's Leaf, but I bet it would be cool to smoke a big twister and then head on down to Mar's Cheese Castle and munch away!

If it's old school then why is there a gun in the logo? No self respecting OG would be caught packin' heat...

You're kidding, right? OG's always packed heat similar to the .45 shown. It's the new guys that are using TEC 9s. Kind of sad that a little suburban boy like myself would know what the gangbangers are concealing.

CGP.gif

This took me four minutes:

Tarponds.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Do daisies actually grow in Sydney?

Great piece of country, what a shame to see what happened to the land...

As if all the fatalities from the mines weren't enough..

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I have an image in my mind of a map of Canada, with Quebec floating away (north into Hudson's Bay) and "Quebec Separatists" as the name. Of course, at work I am powerless to make this happen...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I have an image in my mind of a map of Canada, with Quebec floating away (north into Hudson's Bay) and "Quebec Separatists" as the name. Of course, at work I am powerless to make this happen...

Wouldn't they go floating away Eastboound, taking away the Atlantic provinces with them, to eventually collide with Portugal, unfortunately they probably won't make it on time for "Euro 04"

Powerless to make what happne?

Create the logo, or make them leave once for all??

@Frenchie_TO

With all due respect to Frenchie, I needed to use the pot leaf in my design as well. His is a more pleasant use, whereas mine simply refers to the trafficking aspect. That said, here's my loving tribute to (as Springsteen would say) "my hometown".

bangers.jpg

I know it's your hometown and far-be-it of me to dispute anything negative about Chicago, but I resent havin' my favorite plant used in a concept having to do with gang-culture. Not all people who smoke weed are the heat-packin' lowlife addicts that the prohibitionists would have you believe.

Like I said, it's "Old School". The Gangbangers don't deal in crack or X, they're true to the old school roots of supporting the ganja.

Anyway, I'm more of a whiskey man myself. I was never into Lucifer's Leaf, but I bet it would be cool to smoke a big twister and then head on down to Mar's Cheese Castle and munch away!

If it's old school then why is there a gun in the logo? No self respecting OG would be caught packin' heat...

You're kidding, right? OG's always packed heat similar to the .45 shown. It's the new guys that are using TEC 9s. Kind of sad that a little suburban boy like myself would know what the gangbangers are concealing.

When I say OG, I'm not talking about the Late 80's cats who came in with Straight Outta Compton, I mean the cats before them that used stuff like pool cues and switchblades the few times that they ever used a weapon.

And if you're from the 'burbs, then Chicago is NOT your hometown.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

When I say OG, I'm not talking about the Late 80's cats who came in with Straight Outta Compton, I mean the cats before them that used stuff like pool cues and switchblades the few times that they ever used a weapon.

Those aren't OGs you're talking about, you're talking about West Side Story kind of gangs. And I'm in the 'burbs now because I'm married and have kids and that's what we do here. And ironically, I've just been offered a job in your neck of the woods. I'll live in the 'burbs there as well, it's the old guy thing to do!

CGP.gif

I can't draw to save my life, but I can Photoshop stuff!

Here's my "logo" for the Schaumburg Happiness!

schappiness.jpg

O.K., THIS is what I call "Creative"...

You almost blew my cover, good thing my boss wasn't around, hopefully my co-workers won't tell her how much fun I'm having here...

@Frenchie_TO

Those aren't OGs you're talking about, you're talking about West Side Story kind of gangs. And I'm in the 'burbs now because I'm married and have kids and that's what we do here. And ironically, I've just been offered a job in your neck of the woods. I'll live in the 'burbs there as well, it's the old guy thing to do!

My fault... I thought you said you were FROM the burbs. As you probably know, us city-folk don't paticuarly like it when suburbanites say the city name when they really mean some remote suburb.

And I'm not talking about west-side story gangs, I'm referring to the generation after them. The ones that eventually became the leaders of the gangs you're referring to.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

One more day! Get 'em in!

Only one more chance to get an official Gojetsgo Parody Logo Challenge Championship Banner! :D

AHA! Now you guys should be scrambling....

Montreal will be in tonight...

@Frenchie_TO

Archived