gojetsgo's challenge

gojetsgo

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one. For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city.

but whats amazing is, if the Leafs made it to the finals against an American team in the sunbelt, you western canadians would be gung-ho in your support for them <_<

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but whats amazing is, if the Leafs made it to the finals against an American team in the sunbelt, you western canadians would be gung-ho in your support for them <_<

Yep you're right. But all of Canada is routing for the flames right now. A canadian team hasn't won in 11 years. We stick together.

It wasn't always that way.. but after seeing the game move south in the last 12 years (the same time that dickhead Bettman's been running the league) our hockey patriotism is at an all time high.

OK... lets get back to some nice mocking logos...

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one. For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city. In the centre (that's centRE in Canadian) is the worlds largest eyesore... I mean freestanding structure, the CN tower. Enough talk, more logo:

torontoCOU2.jpg

Yea right... everyone knows New York is the center of the universe, just ask them.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one.  For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city.  In the centre (that's centRE in Canadian) is the worlds largest eyesore... I mean freestanding structure, the CN tower.  Enough talk, more logo:

torontoCOU2.jpg

Yea right... everyone knows New York is the center of the universe, just ask them.

new york does tend to have the same effect in the US

funny idea though, the fact that this isnt an illustrator logo and you threw elements from pics or cliparts together makes it even funnier

signature.gif

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one. For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city. In the centre (that's centRE in Canadian) is the worlds largest eyesore... I mean freestanding structure, the CN tower. Enough talk, more logo:

torontoCOU2.jpg

because its true :D:flagcanada:

as for shark's comment, ill echo gojetsgo. the truth is when we play against each other its liek we hate each other. when one of us is stacked against an american, we all band together :flagcanada:

ex-if the canucks (picked a western canadian team at randum) played the devils for the cup, ALL of canada would be behind vancouver. that wouldnt be true for new jersey, though. new york and philly would never cheer for them.

back to this contest-ive got an idea, but i whant to run it by a few people to make sure it wont offend anyone.

That's Tremendous! I love it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

They kinda have a good point, actually. In a lot of respects, New York is the heartbeat for a lot of things.

That Toronto - Centre of the Universe logo is terrific, absolutely hilarious.

Why you moving to Deadmonton, gojetsgo?

If you ever touch the Eskies green and gold, I will e-smack you. :D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

funny idea though, the fact that this isnt an illustrator logo and you threw elements from pics or cliparts together makes it even funnier

I have to point out that despite the logo's strange cut-and-paste appearance, there is NO clipart in it. I made all the elements by hand in paint and retouched them in photoshop to add shading, textures, etc. I wouldn't put clipart in my logos without telling you (unless it's obvious).

Why you moving to Deadmonton, gojetsgo?

If you ever touch the Eskies green and gold, I will e-smack you.

Moving to Edmonton to begin graduate school (chemistry at U of A).

Blue and Gold run through my veins. I will NEVER--and I repeat NEVER--cheer on the eskihoes. I'll be cheering the Bombers everytime they come to town in my Chris Walby jersey. I'm also driving down for the Labour Day Classic in Regina (my 4th one) the first week of classes.

TRAFFIC.jpg

"And you want to be my Latex Salesman?"

Best comedic scene of contemporary televison!

Forget Latex and stick to Designing Logo, You're good at it!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

whiteflight.gif

That's Tremendous! I love it.

:notworthy: Just add a compass to verify that they're travelling west!

Maybe I should have them travelling east... as in going into Lake Michigan. That's where those city-economy-ruining elitists belong anyway... :D

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I thought a good stereotype would be a form of parody...

And I present my first of TWO concepts (the second will be Montreal, QC):

From Canada's Half-Pipe Capital (and sometimes a full one too) "Stoking" Whistler, BC:

The Whistler Culture

Whistler.GIF

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Here's my ode to Kenosha...

If you don't know, you can't trip without falling into a bar in Kenosha. Rumor says (kinda doubtful but it was still fun to say) that Kenosha has the highest rate of bars per capita in the United States. Like I said, doubtful. But there sure is a Crap-Ton of them.

I spent alot of time on this for some reason. Lots of layers, Lots of in and outs, what-have-yous. I hope you enjoy it!

I present, the Kenosha BarFlies:

barflies.gif

(Other team names considered: K-Town Townies and Kenowhere.)

Sidenote: My last night in Kenosha we decided to hit as many bars as possible. The trip down 52nd Street in the pouring rain was memorable. Or, not Memorable at all...

Here's my ode to Kenosha...

If you don't know, you can't trip without falling into a bar in Kenosha. Rumor says (kinda doubtful but it was still fun to say) that Kenosha has the highest rate of bars per capita in the United States. Like I said, doubtful. But there sure is a Crap-Ton of them.

I spent alot of time on this for some reason. Lots of layers, Lots of in and outs, what-have-yous. I hope you enjoy it!

I present, the Kenosha BarFlies:

barflies.gif

(Other team names considered: K-Town Townies and Kenowhere.)

Sidenote: My last night in Kenosha we decided to hit as many bars as possible. The trip down 52nd Street in the pouring rain was memorable. Or, not Memorable at all...

I think every mid-sized town in Wisconsin makes a claim to some form of "most bars per ______."

But I love the logo... especially the neon sign. I thought of having a contest where we created logos for drinking teams with names like Milwaukee Boozehounds, St. Louis Suds, Latrobe Lagers, etc. and I was thinking that'd be a perfect entry for Keno.

snappers_sig.gif

They kinda have a good point, actually. In a lot of respects, New York is the heartbeat for a lot of things.

And so are LA, Chicago, Atlanta and DC. They all have their hooks into some aspect of US culture that New York doesn't come close to.

Don't get me wrong, New York is still a nice city, but it's not the world-center that a lot of New Yorkers would have you believe...

snappers_sig.gif

Archived