gojetsgo's challenge

gojetsgo

I'm new here but the logolympiad isn't keeping me busy enough so I decided to come up with a challenge:

Most logos like to show off a positive aspect of a city. My challenge is for you to make a logo that does the complete opposite.

Examples you may use:

L.A. Smog

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

Phoenix Team-Stealers (O.K. I'm bitter)

Delaware Delawarians

or come up with your own!

Use any city and any sport you wish. Pretty much anything goes - just dont be overly offensive or racist. And HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Up to two (2) entries per person.

Deadline: Saturday June 12th, 7 PM E.S.T

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like BASEketball! Those logos created vaccums though, so this could be fun.

When I was in Kenosha we just simply called it Kenowhere. I wonder...I could be on to something....

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

Pretty much anything goes - just dont be overly offensive or racist. And HAVE FUN WITH IT!

i'm sure the residents and supporters of these cities may find these names to be a bit offensive....i sure do. i'm sick of my hometown always getting negative jabs thrown its way.

try to follow your own advice.

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

Pretty much anything goes - just dont be overly offensive or racist.  And HAVE FUN WITH IT!

i'm sure the residents and supporters of these cities may find these names to be a bit offensive....i sure do. i'm sick of my hometown always getting negative jabs thrown its way.

Because Detroit is a dirty crime-ridden :censored:hole... no offense to you, but the city's rep is well deserved.

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

Pretty much anything goes - just dont be overly offensive or racist. And HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Hey, Toronto will be happy to take over that designation from you...

We're averaging a couple of drive-bys and Bar/Club shootings a week-end...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

Because Detroit is a dirty crime-ridden :censored:hole... no offense to you, but the city's rep is well deserved.

fluff it.....never mind.

take jabs, belittle requests....i don't give a plop.

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

Pretty much anything goes - just dont be overly offensive or racist.  And HAVE FUN WITH IT!

I said OVERLY offensive. The nature of this contest is to rub at least a few feathers.

Go ahead, bash Winnipeg, my home town. I'd enjoy it.

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

I said OVERLY offensive. The nature of this contest is to rub at least a few feathers.

I may also try the Quebec Smokers...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Speak for yourself Chotchie. Any Winnipeg bashing will be met with swift and sever military and moderatory action. Shock and awe, Triple T-style. B)

J/K... I think it could be amusing, as long as we keep a humourous tone to these.

But please, in order to avoid conflict, please respect fellow board-members who may not wish to see their city mocked. We'll eliminate the bay area from the running right away, if you don't mind. Joel has respectfully asked Detroit not to be used, so please respect that as well.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Baltimore Homicide

Detroit Drive-By

I don't have a problem with this contest, but I can see Joel's beef. Making fun of a lame aspect of a town's culture is one thing, but I think glorifying things that cause sudden death is crossing the line. And from what I've seen, Detroit HAS gotten better and is making a real effort to clean up its act. I don't think they get enough credit for it as they deserve.

Now that I've said my piece... I present my Brookfield (MIL suburb) White-Flight logo.

whiteflight.gif

As you can probably tell, it took me all of 10 minutes in paint to come up with. I did it this way to show the lameness of Brookfield and the people who live there.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

This one is lovingly dedicated to Fusebazell. :P

pittunited_cleveland_sucks.jpg

My friend's class is taking an end of the year trip to Pittsburgh and their visiting Hines field. He is also a Browns fan, I'll tell him to spit on the place one more time for me in honor of you. :P

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Big Dawg

CB_DAWG.gif

Awwwww, the puppy looks upset.

I'd be grumpy, too, if I'd just been neutered.

Talk to me after we pound you at your place and ours, speaking of that I may be going to the Browns Steelers game at Cleveland.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

OK... lets get back to some nice mocking logos...

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one. For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city. In the centre (that's centRE in Canadian) is the worlds largest eyesore... I mean freestanding structure, the CN tower. Enough talk, more logo:

torontoCOU2.jpg

I said OVERLY offensive.  The nature of this contest is to rub at least a few feathers. 

Go ahead, bash Winnipeg, my home town.  I'd enjoy it.

Speak for yourself Chotchie. Any Winnipeg bashing will be met with swift and sever military and moderatory action. Shock and awe, Triple T-style. B)

J/K... I think it could be amusing, as long as we keep a humourous tone to these.

But please, in order to avoid conflict, please respect fellow board-members who may not wish to see their city mocked. We'll eliminate the bay area from the running right away, if you don't mind. Joel has respectfully asked Detroit not to be used, so please respect that as well.

How about Baltimorons?

well there goes my Oakland idea...or maybe Shark wouldn't mind...

and gojetsgo--great job on TO.

Actually if I do one it will be for Edmonton...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Most Canadians (especially western Canadians) will appreciate this one. For thos who don't know...the "toronto is the centre of the universe" sarcasm stems from many things, including the saturation of toronto-based news and sports all over Canada on all the Canadian networks, a lack of a political voice in western Canada, and maybe some jealousy towards Canada's largest city.

but whats amazing is, if the Leafs made it to the finals against an American team in the sunbelt, you western canadians would be gung-ho in your support for them <_<

Archived