stadiumjourney.com

johnnysama

This site is pretty much related to sports, so I thought it'd put in here.

Sometime last spring, I happened across a website called stadiumjourney.com. I'm not trying to promote the site, but rather give it some recommendation to those who want to visit some ballparks/stadiums in the future.

It's pretty frequently updated, and the information on the site is quite comprehensive. What food items are there, what's the atmosphere like, what the fans are like, et al.

Who here has heard of this site, and what do you think of it?

I whole-heartedly recommend this site for those who want to take a trip to ballpark near you, or for those more adventurous, a sports road trip. :D

UBwef0L.png

Do they ever say that a place sucks? I've read a few of the reviews, and they're all glowing. Certainly not everywhere is amazing. I wonder how much homerism there is with these "correspondents".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do they ever say that a place sucks? I've read a few of the reviews, and they're all glowing. Certainly not everywhere is amazing. I wonder how much homerism there is with these "correspondents".

In fairness, the standards are so high these days that there are probably very few places that can really be said to suck. It's a far cry from the 80s when plenty of major league teams were still playing in creaky, run down dives (never mind the minor league teams). These days, even your average AA ballpark has more amenities and creature comforts than a typical MLB park of 30 years ago.

They rate a few place quite poorly, Oakland Coliseum, Buck Shaw Stadium, several minor league baseball venues. Problem is as someone said above, most major league venues these days don't suck other than a select few, like the Oakland Coliseum and Candlestick Park.

They rate a few place quite poorly, Oakland Coliseum, Buck Shaw Stadium, several minor league baseball venues. Problem is as someone said above, most major league venues these days don't suck other than a select few, like the Oakland Coliseum and Candlestick Park.

The only two major stadiums/arenas I've ever been to where I would describe my experience as just flat out unpleasant was seeing a Phillies game at Veterans Stadium and seeing a Nets game at the Meadowlands. The Vet sucked as a facility. The Meadowlands wasn't a bad arena, but I swear in order to be an usher there you had to pass a douchness test.

For minor league stadiums I would say East Field up in the Adirondacks. Not a terrible facility, but it was just a bunch of drunk inbred hicks at the game. I felt bad for any player that ever had to play a game there because short of a strip club, it was about as far from a family environment as you could get. I wanna say the team folded two years after I saw them.

Archived