Uniforms that should be thrownback

kajeet

jon_arnett_1959_12_06.jpg

My favorite Ram's unis of all time!

The blue is a nice mixture of navy and royal and the fat horns on the helmet with the lack of white outline on the jersey make this great!

If they could figure out a way to modernize the sleeve striping and brighten up the yellow a touch, I'd be all for this coming back.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1964_Washington.png

Bumping this thread because I was thinking that these would have been better for the redskins to use for their 80th anneversery.

Also these should be the 9ers alternates I was hearing that nike might do...

1011_large.jpg

Also does anybody know when teams can change their throwbacks? Is it like the five-year thing they do with the primaries?

Also does anybody know when teams can change their throwbacks? Is it like the five-year thing they do with the primaries?

It was reported a few years back that when teams added an alternate, they didn't have to wear it every year, but that could be the only alternate the team would be eligible to wear for five years. The Bears wore orange alternates from 2005-2009. They switched to '40s throwbacks in 2010, but then went back to the orange jerseys last year. People theorized that the '40s set was allowed as a one-time thing in 2010 because they were celebrating an anniversary (though not really, it was just a whole-decade celebration). However, the Bears went back to the '40s throwbacks this year. Maybe they changed the rules, and maybe they allowed teams a one-time pass due to Nike taking over and starting from scratch.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived