NZIHL

kiwi_canadian

So I was reading another topic on here about helping add things on. Over the past few days, I've been doing the best mock ups I can with this year's New Zealand Ice Hockey League teams. Anyways, I thought I would post what I have done and then if you would like to add them to the main site, you are more than welcome to. The league has been going since 2005 and I had the privilege of being part of the committee to bring an expansion team to the city of Dunedin. I also had the honor of naming the team and designing the first jerseys the team wore for their first 4 years. Anyways, here are the league and team logos as well as the logo for the Trans Tasman Champions League which started this year.

NZIHLlogo.jpg

TransTasmanChampionsLeaguelogo.jpg

Botany Swarm:

BotanySwarmprimary.jpg

Primary logo

BotanySwarmsecondary.jpg

Secondary logo

BotanySwarm.jpg

Jerseys

Canterbury Red Devils:

CanterburyRedDevilsprimary.jpg

Primary logo

CanterburyRedDevils.jpg

Jersey

The Stampede logo looks inspired by the Houston Texans, but overall, I like these logos. I would buy a Red Devils jersey.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Stampede logo looks inspired by the Houston Texans, but overall, I like these logos. I would buy a Red Devils jersey.

Have to agree, some of those angles are dead on with the Texans logo.

I know. I pointed this out to the league when we were going through our naming process in Dunedin.

To a certain extent. That is the case in the South Island with the Stampede (Otago with the gold and blue) and Canterbury and red and black. Dunedin couldn't use blue and gold as the Stampede already had those colours. There was a limited colour pallet as we had to use a pre existing jersey template from Athletic Knit and we had a choice or purple or green so we went with the green stars template. (There is a story as to why we used those and not something else) In the North Island, the Admirals do use Auckland's ITM colours with the blue but Botany uses burgundy and black which is associated with the North Harbour ITM Cup team... which is odd as Botany is based in southern Auckland.

Archived