2012/13 Rugby jerseys

kiwi_canadian

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see Taranaki staying true to tradition and heritage.

Those Manu's are absolutely beautiful.

How close will Kenya's clash be to Scotlands not that they would be used v them tho.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

• 3 weeks later...

1348046125-89649600.jpg

Canterbury have gone back to basics for the England kit. Good to see the navy socks returning. Not much else to report!

Here are the Sevens home kit, away kit, sevens away kit and home kit all together.

RFU.jpg

Personally I think that navy is a better colour for the away kit, but the red colour is fine. Some have likened it to the red currant Arsenal kit from a few seasons back.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

1348046125-89649600.jpg

Canterbury have gone back to basics for the England kit. Good to see the navy socks returning. Not much else to report!

Here are the Sevens home kit, away kit, sevens away kit and home kit all together.

RFU.jpg

Personally I think that navy is a better colour for the away kit, but the red colour is fine. Some have likened it to the red currant Arsenal kit from a few seasons back.

Looks like they must have woken up to wearing a Black kit?

If England is the roses why do they have dark blue socks?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

1348046125-89649600.jpg

RFU.jpg

Tradition. They used to wear, many many years ago, their club socks, so you'd have 15 players with different socks, a la the Barbarians. I don't know why navy was chosen as the sock colour, but the England football and cricket teams have also used navy blue in the kit as well. (shorts and caps respectively).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

1348046125-89649600.jpg

RFU.jpg

Tradition. They used to wear, many many years ago, their club socks, so you'd have 15 players with different socks, a la the Barbarians. I don't know why navy was chosen as the sock colour, but the England football and cricket teams have also used navy blue in the kit as well. (shorts and caps respectively).

I worked for the RFU back in 2004. The reason the England team adopted white/white/navy was that these were the colours of Rugby School (the birthplace of game) at the time. When playing intramural games, the boys would wear the coloured caps of their house (think Griffindor, Hufflepuff etc) out of which was born the 'Cap' system still in practice. NB. A cap is awarded to a player for playing a full test match.

Here is a short video that explains this and more: http://youtu.be/-A-mhI0PMBk

1348046125-89649600.jpg

RFU.jpg

Otago in this seasons ITM Cup v Northland wore their local club socks too.

go to about 2mins 50secs.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

New Italy Adidas Kit

divisa-azzurra-italia-rugby.jpg

I'm liking the current trends in Adidas' rugby kits. Looking forward to seeing what they do for the British Lions for next years tour.

anyone know if nike exited rugby? they were really getting into sponsorship for a while but that seems to have disappeared

Archived