NFL Fauxback Alternates- Tennessee added

MDGP

I feel like some elements on these wouldn't be there in the era you make them for. I think the biggest one is the Seattle Seahawks side stripe. Is that something that has ever been done before?

Well, not that particular stripe. It's based on a few different things. First, Seattle is becoming known for creating innovative uniforms with their past two design attempts. I wanted to establish Seattle as a team that's always created innovative designs in their uniforms.

The inspiration for the striping were LA's ram horns, Cornell's 50's-60's helmet, and Dartmouth's 60's helmet, as well as Seattle's logo. I wanted to try and figure out a way that I could emulate the logo without it actually being the logo itself (since teams still didn't have actual logos back then).

Honestly, these designs would make a million times more sense when put into context.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate that I am just now finding this...These are amazing designs!

Agrred and thanks for bumping it, because I missed it too.

That Patriots uniform is amazing and I disgree with others about the pants...with that busy jersey, any striping on the pants will just be too much. It's perfect.

87Redskins.png

could you do fauxback of Tennessee Titans

You know what? Why not. I'll post another team.

These Tennessee uniforms are based in 1930, when the team still played in Houston, and take their inspiration from several teams of the era, particularly the Buffalo Bisons, the Chicago Cardinals, and the Frankford Yellow Jackets. The uniform features three sleeve stripes, and a torso stripe on a blue uniform. On the chest is an 'H' patch. Ideally (and in the actual series), the originals would feature a larger H on the chest and no numbers, but in order to meet NFL rules, the Titans would add numbers (similar to what I did with Minnesota). The helmet is a faux-leather style helmet, similar to what the Redskins used in their throwback as well as tan pants to represent the pants color of most teams at the time.

ScreenShot2014-06-04at84457PM_zps80c3f35

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'd love to see what you could do with Jacksonville

Unfortunately, I haven't even started the Jaguars history yet, so at this point, I don't have anything to provide there right now. (I come up with the fake histories before doing these uniforms).

Unfortunately, I haven't even started the Jaguars history yet, so at this point, I don't have anything to provide there right now. (I come up with the fake histories before doing these uniforms).

So within the bounds of this universe, these teams have histories. As that's the case, are the uniforms really "fauxbacks" and not just plain throwbacks? ;)

I think this is a great series. I'm glad to see it's come back.

So within the bounds of this universe, these teams have histories. As that's the case, are the uniforms really "fauxbacks" and not just plain throwbacks? ;)

I think this is a great series. I'm glad to see it's come back.

I guess they technically are just throwbacks in this little bubble I've created, haha. Once I present the actual series (this is more of a miniseries) they'll just be throwbacks

Archived