Johnson City Cardinals

oaklandhusker

Another stab at making a concept sort of thing.

I love the Johnson City Cardinals logos (the baby bird is simply adorable), but the presence of the JC in their alternate logo has always bothered me. Why is it always necessary to include the team's or city's initials in a logo? So I did my best to get rid of theletters and recreate the missing pieces of the bird.

brkfais8ff2wgug58rp20gnc2.gif --> JCcardinals-theJC.png

The two main things that had to be fixed were the bat and the bird's left foot. I had a lot of trouble with the foot, spent almost an hour on it, and then realized that I could probably get some advice from the wonderful people here on how to do it. The bat was much easier, and I think I did a pretty good job there.

Also, this was made in MS Paint.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Also, this was made in MS Paint.

You're kidding me!! Incredible use of the eraser tool!

I was more looking for advice on how to fix the foot...

It's been a long time since I used paint, so you might not be able to do this, but; drag a box around the left foot. Copy > Paste then flip it horizontally and move it into place. It's safe to assume the feet would be identical, if you could see the other behind the letters, so I think that will work.

Another stab at making a concept sort of thing.

I love the Johnson City Cardinals logos (the baby bird is simply adorable), but the presence of the JC in their alternate logo has always bothered me. Why is it always necessary to include the team's or city's initials in a logo? So I did my best to get rid of theletters and recreate the missing pieces of the bird.

So people know they're the "Johnson City" Cardinals and not one of the other minor league affiliates named the Cardinals or Redbirds. Minor League teams who share the parent club's nickname need to have some distinguishing factor in their logos to make known which team they actually are.

Archived