My 2012 CFB uniform preview & critique

BrandMooreArt

I like your opinions on a lot of these. The only thing I don't agree with is your best new helmet. IMO, San Diego State would get my vote as the team with the best new helmet, then Army and then Texas A & M.

edit: You should also try and get UNLV onto your blog, they rolled out some beautiful new unis yesterday.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

thanks for the support guys.

@GriffinMarlins, SDState isnt a bad choice either. thats a solid design. ive only seen 1 picture of the new UNLV stuff so i might just add it in.

@Letsgoblue, i thought about doing Michigan but since the only change is just a road jersey i didnt really feel it was significant enough to write about. At least SMU had a total redesign and i think their helmets are a bit different too.

@hugevolsfan, any time i can give a shout out to Fraser i take advantage! :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Gotta disagree on some of these and it's all about the face masks for me.

A&M grey is the new trend grey for greys sake oh yeah there is also a team in the west maybe y'all have heard of em...Alabama. I thought A&M had an iconic helmet, no need to mess with perfection I know it's just a grey face mask but I HATE em.

And Minnesota and Wisconsin black face masks for no reason what do ever. Just ruins Minnesotans great set for me.

Thought you missed in NOrthwestern. Great use of the northwestern style stripe very unique.

Gotta disagree on some of these and it's all about the face masks for me.

A&M grey is the new trend grey for greys sake oh yeah there is also a team in the west maybe y'all have heard of em...Alabama. I thought A&M had an iconic helmet, no need to mess with perfection I know it's just a grey face mask but I HATE em.

And Minnesota and Wisconsin black face masks for no reason what do ever. Just ruins Minnesotans great set for me.

Thought you missed in NOrthwestern. Great use of the northwestern style stripe very unique.

what do you mean? i like them too. i felt there was a craftsmanship/technical issue with it though where the stripe should run all the way around the jersey. thats why i graded them a B (an A goes to a flawless execution) and also why i gave Oregon a B, for the wings on the jersey

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The reason Mississippi State has one helmet with a maroon facemask and one with a white one is a because the one with the white facemask is matte, and the one with the maroon facemask is shiny.

Also, why give Mississippi State a C for looking like Texas A&M, but give aTm an A, even though they were designed at the same time?

Nice blog. Agree with the Maryland jersey stuff. They are nice, the helmet is bad. Why don't they just use the M with flag design and get it over with.

Did you see Northwestern on TV? Looked good, but not as good as I hoped. I would have liked to see on the white- purple numbers with grey stripes. On the home- grey stripes that would actually show up against purple. Grey mask and pants.

I definitely want to see the SMU unis in action this year to see if it looks good on the field.

Archived