Indiana Football Equipment Truck

TimEOBrien

Ok, I came on here today to post this because I didn't know how to feel. I'm still not sure how I feel. I posted this to see what others would say and from what I've gathered from the extremely helpful comments of Brave-Bird 08, CDixonDesign, BrandMooreArt I think I know have a plan for how I'm going to deal with this going forward.

Something like this has happened to me in the past (actually, it persists) but this is different because the template isn't mine, it's a fair use template, it's Nike's images, Indiana isn't making money from my work and I don't want to cause an issue with my alma mater, a place I love very much.

I'm glad someone could come on here and guide me through what to do.

Ok, I came on here today to post this because I didn't know how to feel. I'm still not sure how I feel. I posted this to see what others would say and from what I've gathered from the extremely helpful comments of Brave-Bird 08, CDixonDesign, BrandMooreArt I think I know have a plan for how I'm going to deal with this going forward.

Something like this has happened to me in the past (actually, it persists) but this is different because the template isn't mine, it's a fair use template, it's Nike's images, Indiana isn't making money from my work and I don't want to cause an issue with my alma mater, a place I love very much.

While the one on the truck is very similar to our concept unless I am not seeing it correctly it does not have the numbers on the undershirt sleeves as your concept does.

While the one on the truck is very similar to our concept unless I am not seeing it correctly it does not have the numbers on the undershirt sleeves as your concept does.

They did edit that out (they also ran a photoshop filter on the whole thing...) but the font, the angles and the amount of white left on the compression sleeve are all exactly the same.

What I find most sad is that IU can't tell the difference between a Nike jersey and an Adidas jersey... silly hoosiers

To be fair, all of us on these boards take for granted that only we notice half of this :censored:. It took my dad until the fourth Bears preseason game to notice any changes on the (chi) Bears unis.

Ok, so today a Hoosier football twitter account posted some images of the IUFB equipment truck and one of the images on there this year is something I created (using Frasier Davidson's Nike template).

My image:

iu_npcwh_h_1.jpg?pictureId=8344728

Their Truck:

651185454.jpg

651184421.jpg

Now I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm kinda honored to have my image on such a high visibility item, but they never contacted me, they're using an image of mine that has the wrong font for both the wordmark and numerals (though, the wordmark looks better, IMO) and it's a Nike jersey not an Adidas.

And they cropped out the best part, the candy stripes!

I would be pissed, but what could you really do unless you had your images copyrighted? If you did, I would be calling 1-800-Attorney right about now.

Copyrights are created upon creation.

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for the information.

spacer.png

What I find most sad is that IU can't tell the difference between a Nike jersey and an Adidas jersey... silly hoosiers

To be fair, all of us on these boards take for granted that only we notice half of this :censored:. It took my dad until the fourth Bears preseason game to notice any changes on the (chi) Bears unis.

While this is true, it is a lame excuse none the less. I bet Adidas will notice.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived