National Team Ice Hockey Jerseys

WLD42

I really like that Estonia one--that sort of blue doesn't get enough use--amd the grey & black suit it so well, especially with a traditonal simple striping...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I was really excited to use that color scheme too, since it is very uncommon but surprisingly good-looking. I felt like something was still a little off about it, though, and I finally figured out that the double-outline just wasn't working at all. I eliminated it from the name and numbers, then figured I might as well do the same to the stripes, and I think it looks a lot better now.

Also posting an updated Chinese Taipei/Taiwan. Kept the feel of the clash, but simplified it to just the main sash. I've got some ideas brewing for a revised Croatia set, but that's still on the back burner for the time being.

Estonia1.png

Chinese_Taipei1.png

Thanks for the suggestion, Whittier. I'll do either that, or just make the numbers entirely white.

Glad you like them, MJ12! Team GB is just one more post away, although I don't think mine really even holds a candle to the one kiwi_canadian posted not too long ago.

Finland.png

France.png

The France logo is ingenious--is that an actual one or one you created?

That's their official logo.

And maybe it's my screen, but that France jersey looks a lot more purple than blue. If that's on purpose, I can't say it's a change for the better.

I like Finland's design, but based on the old Penguins' jerseys, I'd say the striping needs to be a bit simpler. Not by much, maybe make the white/silver stripe all silver, it might be enough.

Keep the concepts coming, and I hope your modeled versions are going well.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Can I make a suggestion? Most (if not all) international teams under the IIHF are outfitted by Nike, while you're using a Reebok template. Hockey Jersey Concepts has a pair of Nike jersey templates for use.

http://1.bp.blogspot...ft Template.png

http://1.bp.blogspot.../s1600/IIHF.png

I suggest giving them a look.

the only national teams that are nike outfitted are the ones in the olympics, and the top level mens and womens world championships. Everything else is Tackla and has been that way since 2004. Nike was only from 1996-2000 for all national teams.

just wanted to say I stumbled upon this while looking for an old iihf jersey post I made years ago on another website. go google.

great work with the fantasy jerseys.. theres actually a guy doing a non fantasy jersey database for all the national teams at this website if anyone is interested

http://mmdresy.nhladdons.info/

The France logo is ingenious--is that an actual one or one you created?

That's their official logo.

And maybe it's my screen, but that France jersey looks a lot more purple than blue. If that's on purpose, I can't say it's a change for the better.

All of the logos are ones that I've found somewhere, whether it's the national team's actual logo, the national association's crest, or a country's crest (though I'm staying away from actual flags, preferring to use them as inspiration for the jersey design itself). Creating original logos is not something that's in my arsenal!

As for the shade of blue, it's definitely intended to be blue, not purple. I just sampled the blue that's in the logo, although as you can probably tell, there's a few different blues in the logo... That's due to the fact that it's taken from a photograph of a jersey, rather than a digital image of the logo, since that was the only way I could find it with the white outline necessary for the blue jersey. It definitely looks more blue than purple to me, though.

Anyways, a couple more jerseys, Germany and Great Britain. The thread's finally starting to catch up the jerseys I've already created, and real life has slowed me down a bit, so a few more posts, and then it'll just be updates as I make them.

Germany.png

Great_Britain.png

• 1 month later...

Archived