Seattle SuperSonics logo

thelegend5

I actually think the bottom right one in the 3rd picture has potential...but its very busy. The Sonics last logo before they were moved to OKC is one of my favourite basketball logos ever (im really into retro) so it would have to be really impressive to win me over. These arent bad but they dont stand ouy much either

sigen.jpg

There was a great concept not too long ago for a team called the "Seattle Cascades." it looked pretty good, and the name rolls off the tongue, but I like bringing back the classics. However, I really don't like any of the logos. Maybe try adding a mountain with the word "Sonics" in a slanting font below it almost like a triangle below a rectangle. I think its a good idea to make it original, alot of sports logos utilize the "skyline" in their logos, and it tends to be pretty good, but I'm always in favor of something original.

spacer.png

I can't say that I can get on board with any of those—under current guise, anyway.

The main point of contention with me is the rendering of the Space Needle—it's way too detailed. My opinion, it should be more abstract—I wouldn't doubt a silhouette of some type would do the trick. But then, I also really don't know what you're going for, either. (Sorry I can't offer up some better critique—it's been a while, you know? :P)

But (for as long as I'm back around) I'll be keeping an eye on this.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 1 month later...

I disagree, I think that these are pretty good. There is potential here. The first one is a good start and even the last one has good ideas there. I think that simplifying them would help, as people have mentioned, but yes, these are the beginning of possibly a great logo.

I also would keep the green/yellow color scheme. Very classic look.

Archived