NHL Pens concept

jbyrd

Hello Community, this is my first concept post so i thought i start with my hometown penguins. I like their layout now except for the whole Vegas gold they are using. So i brought back the yellow gold from the cup years, which is the inspiration from my designs. In the photo with just the jersey I added three horizontal stripes to the arms, but not in the real life model so you can gage which one fits in better. Also I started working on a secondary logo but i'm stuck on what to add to improve it, clearly its missing something.

So C & C are very much welcome. I've always enjoyed doing things like this but this is the first time i've put something out.

25ox5xf.jpg

outiwy.jpg

2j2jiwp.png

Decent start, but to me it feels like most of the striping and accents are under the arms and disappear in the action shot, making it look almost like a plain black jersey. Plus you've left the arm stripes off the action shot.

The striping on the socks seems out of place, too. Everywhere else, you've got big, bold blocks of yellow trimmed in black and then white, but then the socks all of a sudden turn conservative with no white to be found. It just seems incongruous with the rest of the package.

Decent start, but to me it feels like most of the striping and accents are under the arms and disappear in the action shot, making it look almost like a plain black jersey. Plus you've left the arm stripes off the action shot.

The striping on the socks seems out of place, too. Everywhere else, you've got big, bold blocks of yellow trimmed in black and then white, but then the socks all of a sudden turn conservative with no white to be found. It just seems incongruous with the rest of the package.

Thanks for the input, as goes for the socks it was getting late and i was working on the action shot all day and was just wanting to get it done but looking at it, it could be better. as for the stripes on the arms, i said in the description that i left them off on purpose because it started to look more like a steelers jersey and wanted to see what it would look like with a plain black going down the arm. But again thank you.

2j2jiwp.png

Archived