Iowa Football Concept

wloowarrior22

So after watching the Hawkeyes play absolutely horendous all season long, today being the tipping point, it got me thinking we need a change and wondered what the Hawks would look like in a more modern, total ridiculousness uniform.

For the helmet I decided to go with a chrome logo on a matte helmet. I feel like this would look terrible on almost any other uniform, but I think it could strangely almost work here.

Next for the jersey, I went with metalic esque numbers in the same font that the basketball team currently uses to give it a modern look. The next element I put in is the shoulder stripes, meant to pay homage to the Tim Dwight era monstrocities. The stripes will be the same color as the jersey, but a different material to be noticed in different lighting. Subtle effect that I think works here.

For the pants I kept it simple, but chose to use the same reflective material for the logo background on the hip.

Let me know what you think

C&C is appreciated (unless its about changing the hawk logo, never going to happen)

iowak.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dark metallic numbers on black would be brutal to see.

You would have this effect, especially at a distance or for television

VarvAloha%20590.jpg

Make them a metallic white, and this is pretty good.

The helmet logo is really big, too. That's great for an alternate or one-offs, but full time? It's a bit much.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I really love the helmet, but I don't like the shoulder designs (one of my irks about Nike uniforms in general is the odd designs, just doesn't look professional if done wrong).

The Only United Football League fan in the Universe.

Ponies on Saturday. Football on Sunday. Mystery meat on Monday.

part of the idea of this was going "way too far for Iowa." Believe me I'm an Iowa traditionalist and if they ever switched to this I would hate myself, this was just something insane that I thought of.

As far as the font goes, I could not find a font for the school. It is almost impossible, if you can find it let me know

part of the idea of this was going "way too far for Iowa." Believe me I'm an Iowa traditionalist and if they ever switched to this I would hate myself, this was just something insane that I thought of.

As far as the font goes, I could not find a font for the school. It is almost impossible, if you can find it let me know

It definitely is serpentine, so thanks to delayed penalty for helping me there. helped me to create these accurately.

Mike0003.png

Id also like to second the notion that the gradients on the numbers isnt for the best. Arkansas had that going on with their jerseys this yeart and the announcers are always commenting on how hard it is to read the numbers from up in the press box. its also really hard for the fans too both in person and on tv

arkansas-football-570x449.jpg

Archived