NBA court database

kodrinsky

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pepsi Center (2003/2004)

8533848673_ffffe8e91e_z.jpg

There was actually white gradient pattern at the top of the key for a short time during the early season, I think...that or I just remember it being their court in NBA Live 2004, but I swear it happened in real life aswell.

bSLCtu2.png

Pepsi Center (2003/2004)

8533848673_ffffe8e91e_z.jpg

There was actually white gradient pattern at the top of the key for a short time during the early season, I think...that or I just remember it being their court in NBA Live 2004, but I swear it happened in real life aswell.

Mmmm... Not really. Check this out:

http://www.gettyimages.es/detail/fotograf%C3%ADa-de-noticias/ron-artest-of-the-indiana-pacers-goes-up-for-a-fotograf%C3%ADa-de-noticias/2686676

2686676-ron-artest-of-the-indiana-pacers-goes-up-for-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=MeBD9qg2rKAlVINuw4D%2baOE%2fhiEeUp6C0lqJ%2fyFOYFujmdv8TXl1c5Vpvq7mlp%2bh1FMaNtHxeI183iShUqoiRRV8eZ6JFoqlFs8D3t2VhlQ%3d

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

Hi, I just noticed something that is not correct for the Forum court designs of the 80s. I was watching a game from 1984 and the FORUM logo appears on both sides of the court, but you only have it on the bench side. I think this holds true for each of the variations of the court but cannot be sure.

Also, this is really nit-picky but you have put it a third has mark on the key (closest to the free throw line) that does not appear on the actual courts. It would be unnecessary to have because you would only have maximum 3 players standing at the side of the key during a free throw. I noticed quite a few of your designs have this and I have not seen this on any actual NBA court.

Hi, I just noticed something that is not correct for the Forum court designs of the 80s. I was watching a game from 1984 and the FORUM logo appears on both sides of the court, but you only have it on the bench side. I think this holds true for each of the variations of the court but cannot be sure.

Also, this is really nit-picky but you have put it a third has mark on the key (closest to the free throw line) that does not appear on the actual courts. It would be unnecessary to have because you would only have maximum 3 players standing at the side of the key during a free throw. I noticed quite a few of your designs have this and I have not seen this on any actual NBA court.

Unnecessary? Maybe, but they were. Check this out:

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

I see the line exists on the Atlanta court in your video find any video or pic of the Forum floor from the 80s. If you look at the key in this video or any other Forum clip from the time you can see there is no 3rd line.

Your 1982/1994 Spectrum court design also has the phantom 3rd lines added to the key when you can see they don't exist in this clip:

Not sure about how many you have accurately portrayed and I understand some keys have the 3rd mark put in, these are just a couple I noticed.

Also, you did not address the missing FORUM logo on the near side of the court. It's a symmetrical design. Here is an example of what it should look like:

forum

Madison Square Garden IV (2003/2006)

8343211090_66e816c6c3_z.jpg

In the 2003-04 season, the font of the words 'New York Knicks' on the baselines are similar to the fonts used on the NBA on NBC graphics in the mid-1990s (see below).

NBA_on_NBC_1993-95_graphics.JPG

Note the design on the bottom of this picture below.

97323238-new-york-knicks-stephon-marbury-reacts-after-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=9QMziWNtBI6whP66vhs4oVky7uV%2fCPkuiRFp3xJJa7OQACq%2fsGoLje2bY%2b6hZI5r

OFF TOPIC

I miss NBA on NBC...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

This thread is slowly, slowly building to kodrinsky just laying utter destruction to ralphierce. I predict his demise will come before the third Arco Arena floor.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What kodrinsky is doing is awesomne, I cant wait to see what is next, and would love to see him one day get a web site or hook up with creamer to have all the courts displayed in one place.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived