Angels alt jerseys in press conferences

The Mojo Maniac

When the Angels officially introduced Josh Hamilton today, they gave him their red alt jersey to wear:

2012-12-15T220417Z_1_CBRE8BE1PB900_RTROPTP_3_SPORTS-US-BASEBALL-ANGELS-HAMILTON_JPG_475x310_q85.jpg

If I remember correctly, they did the same with Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson last year. Does anyone know why they give new players the alt jersey for their introductions to the press instead of the regular home whites?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

IIRC, they gave Pujols a white jersey in his press conference (Wilson got the alt), and in a recent press conference to introduce Joe Blanton, Tommy Hanson, Ryan Madson, and Sean Burnett, they gave them all the white. They're just mixing it up for the sake of it.

Slightly off topic but does it bother anyone else that the stripes on the sleeves and the collar on the alt are much thicker than on the home unis?

Not very much. Single stripe on the homes, triple on the alt. I would like consistency, but it's not a huge deal to me. What I do hate is that they used gray and white on the red piping and no navy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived