Seattle Seahawks hockey jersey

fouhy12

I've been working on this concept and I wanted to share it with you guys. I made a Seahawks hockey jersey, featuring logo inspired striping and Boston College hockey inspired arm stripes. Thoughts? <a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8331/8389564601_7fcff2fc74_b.jpg' alt='8389564601_7fcff2fc74_b.jpg'>I don't know why, but the image won't link right. Help? Oh, and I can't use enter for some reason in this text box with my new computer, so sorry about formatting.

Guest darkpiranha

I think it's because it's the link rather than the embed code. Here's the embed code, as a test (I'll delete in a moment if it doesn't work) I used Share>Grab HTML/BB Code>select BB Code

8389564601_7fcff2fc74.jpg

SEAHAWKS hockey jersey by fouhy12, on Flickr

BTW, cool concept. Don't know that I've ever seen one done quite like this.

I think it's because it's the link rather than the embed code. Here's the embed code, as a test (I'll delete in a moment if it doesn't work) I used Share>Grab HTML/BB Code>select BB Code

8389564601_7fcff2fc74.jpg

SEAHAWKS hockey jersey by fouhy12, on Flickr

BTW, cool concept. Don't know that I've ever seen one done quite like this.

Thanks! I did that but it didn't work.

This is very different, but it conforms to acceptable norms enough that I think it's a good different.

Couple things to improve this:

The font is very generic. Worse, it's too wide. Arch it, like the Dallas Stars and many college teams do, and it'll work a lot better.

Make the shoulder stripes thicker, and put the numbers on top of them. Make sure those stay legible, too (maybe white with a blue outline then a green outline?)

Some kind of shoulder patch wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I like it, make tweaks and see where it goes.

This is very different, but it conforms to acceptable norms enough that I think it's a good different.

Couple things to improve this:

The font is very generic. Worse, it's too wide. Arch it, like the Dallas Stars and many college teams do, and it'll work a lot better.

Make the shoulder stripes thicker, and put the numbers on top of them. Make sure those stay legible, too (maybe white with a blue outline then a green outline?)

Some kind of shoulder patch wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I like it, make tweaks and see where it goes.

Ok, I will work on those and hopefully get an update posted tonight. What font would you recommend?

I would look for something similar to the font they use (used? I don't see a new one) in their wordmark

998.gif

something at least evocative of that look and the region's identity. What I'm saying is, don't just pick a font because it looks good, pick a font because it has meaning to it. Put some real thought into that decision. Good luck, I look forward to the update.

I would look for something similar to the font they use (used? I don't see a new one) in their wordmark

998.gif

something at least evocative of that look and the region's identity. What I'm saying is, don't just pick a font because it looks good, pick a font because it has meaning to it. Put some real thought into that decision. Good luck, I look forward to the update.

I tried to do that, but my font collection is limited and impact was the best choice I had. The update will have to wait until tomorrow because I have my last midterm tomorrow and I need to study.

you could always search sport fonts in google, or i know there's a font guy on here with all the major sport fonts/ forgot his ame though

I will definitely do that, but the problem is that I have a new computer and I'm not sure where I put fonts under Windows 8.

Ok, I have my update. Sorry for the delay, I had a busy weekend. Anyway, I changed the font to a block font, and I widened the sleeve stripes as well as rounding them off. I also added a blue jersey, and was thinking of adding an alternate. Do you guys think the alternate should be green or gray? SEAHAWKShockeyjerseyv2h_zps7968303f.pngSEAHAWKShockeyjerseyv2_zps45d550b2.png

Archived