Cleveland Browns Concept

Believeland

In the spirit of the Browns announcing possible uniform changes, me being the Browns fan that I am decided to take to creating some concepts. These are still works in progress, so any feedback is appreciated. I'm also working on a custom word-mark which I will upload upon completion.

It's always hard to tackle the Browns uniforms because they are so classic. However, I think change is good. There's still a way to give a nod to the past while making some modern changes. First of all, I've always thought that gray looks great with the orange and brown, so I added a pair of grey pants. I also thought that Brown pants could look really nice with the correct shade of brown. As with the Cavs uni's I designed, my goal is to create a "modern-classic" feel. I think moving the stipes to the shoulder help to change things up enough but still keep the Browns classic feel.

I also wanted to create a consistant stripe for the pants and the jerseys. The Browns have had some crazy striping patterns in the past (as many of you know) so I thought it'd be cool to have the same striping pattern to be able to use on any color pants and jerseys and not look foolish. I also wanted to make the stripes actually reflect the helmet stripe.

As you can see, I've gone with more of a muted brown and almost a pumpkin orange. I wanted to find a brown that would look good on the pants, and I think this shade would look great. I then picked an orange that complimented it well, and I think the darker orange is more fitting for football. I mocked this up so you could see how all the different pants looked with all the different jerseys. Definitely have more work to do, but I'm really happy with how they look so far. Anyway, any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, let me know your favorite combos. My thinking is the standard home would be Brown/Gray, away White/White, and alt Orange/Brown. Then you could switch up the color combos how you see fit. Thanks in advance!

Browns_Home.jpg

Browns_Away.jpg

Browns_Alt.jpg

I think the striping pattern is pretty neat. I can appreciate you trying to keep 100% consistent with the pants striping, but the orange outlines blend into the orange pants too much where on the rest of them it stands out. Overall, I think the set loos nice. A lot of uniform combos there!

I feel like the white AND silver pants are a bit redundant. Personally, I like the silver pants better.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

As a Browns fan, I love this concept. In fact, I can say that this is one of the best concepts for the Browns that I have seen in quite some time. I like the fact that you have created what I would call a modern classy look. In addition to that, you have given the uniform some versatility which is a break from the same old drab uniforms of years past. Since gray/silver has been incorporated in your concept I would like to see what the concept would look like with a brown face mask, adding some gray striping down the center of the helmet and possibly gray trim around the numbers as well.

• 2 months later...

Archived