Future Winter Classic Jersey Mockup

monkeypower

Since the upcoming Winter Classic is between a Canadian team and an American team, why not continue that trend?

The Wild is based off of the 1975-76 Minnesota Fighting Saints and the Flames are based off of the Calgary Cowboys of the same year. Since I don't have the technical know-how I couldn't make a patch, but I was imagining it on the chest opposite the captain's letter.

WinterClassic_zpscca0d859.png

IbjBaeE.png

Nice execution on the uniforms, but I think the only NHL teams that should celebrate the WHA are the ones that actually played in it or at least have a tangential connection to one that did (i.e. Winnipeg).

Nice execution on the uniforms, but I think the only NHL teams that should celebrate the WHA are the ones that actually played in it or at least have a tangential connection to one that did (i.e. Winnipeg).

It actually started as a WHA (with the actual logos) concept but then I thought I could make a Winter Classic concept out of it. It's just for fun, I'm not actually thinking it would happen, it's just something I did.

IbjBaeE.png

I would keep the striping on the Wild, but change the coloring to their current colors. I think that would look pretty good. And I would add a little more color (yellow?) to the Flames...they look too much like the Wings. Good job otherwise.

The colours are like that because they are based on the WHA teams:

FightingSaintsA2.png

Cowboys1.png

IbjBaeE.png

The flames definitely look a lot like the Red Wings but I'm digging the Wild uniform. The current color scheme fits them well, but their logo really pops with the royal and yellow. It seems like teams don't generally go this route with winter classic uniforms, but it would undoubtedly be a great match up.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

It doesn't matter if it looks like Detroit, or that the franchises are not directly connected. The Flames SHOULD do that as a throwback jersey, and I would definitely buy it. My Dad took me to Cowboys games in the Corral when I was 5 years old, so it has real sentimental value to me.

It doesn't matter if it looks like Detroit, or that the franchises are not directly connected. The Flames SHOULD do that as a throwback jersey, and I would definitely buy it. My Dad took me to Cowboys games in the Corral when I was 5 years old, so it has real sentimental value to me.

I wasn't born until way after the Cowboys and the WHA had left but I hear stories about them.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived