Rugby Union of Texas - ARU Feeder- Final Wrap

GotPixels

corpusteamslickbase.jpg

Change it's to its. It's only ever means "it is," that the test you use for this one word only, if you can replace the word with "it is," use it's; otherwise, use its. I just hate that such a phenomenal presentation and concept gets marred by unedited copy. :)

rATMcmK.png

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expansion candidate list:

Amarillo Rugby Union F.C.

Waco United R.F.C.

Santa Fe Topaz

Little Rock Ozarks

Shreveport Steamers United F.C.

I'm picking two to get the league to 12. Thoughts?

... Waco gets a team but WE don't?

lol

Haha.

You could always drive to Dallas and catch a game.

Already an expansion controversy for Texas Rugby!

I played Rugby in Corpus Christi for a club called the Roughriders, CC Riders for short.

A swirling hurricane logo would have been a better choice than a warning flag for the CC Canes, IMHO. warning flags are so square.

FsQiF2W.png

Already an expansion controversy for Texas Rugby!

I played Rugby in Corpus Christi for a club called the Roughriders, CC Riders for short.

A swirling hurricane logo would have been a better choice than a warning flag for the CC Canes, IMHO. warning flags are so square.

That is cool that you played there. I had considered the swirl approach, but I thought that it might get busy. I will work up an alternate look and apply it to the alternate set.

I have to redo El Paso as well. There is a minor league baseball team called the Diablos there.

What do you think of El Chupacabra-El Paso United Rugby?

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

A bit of a long name but how about Los Chupacabras de El Paso ?

Another feeder league could beival to the RUoT, Gulf of Mexico Rugby Union.

Team locations not set in stone

East Division:

Mobile

Pensacola

St Petersburg

Tallahasse

Central Division:

Baton Rouge

Lafayette

Beaumont

Shreveport

West Division:

Port Isabel

Laredo

Monterrey

Victoria

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

A bit of a long name but how about Los Chupacabras de El Paso ?

Another feeder league could beival to the RUoT, Gulf of Mexico Rugby Union.

Team locations not set in stone

East Division:

Mobile

Pensacola

St Petersburg

Tallahasse

Central Division:

Baton Rouge

Lafayette

Beaumont

Shreveport

West Division:

Port Isabel

Laredo

Monterrey

Victoria

Great idea. I may tackle that after I'm finished with this.

I'm with 29Texan. Fort Worth has been made to be a conjoined blob with Dallas area teams for too long. If you've ever been you'd know how distinct it is from Dallas so I wouldn't dismiss the idea of an expansion team there. Lord knows the potential rivalry it would create and how much more successful a market it would be than the likes of Amarillo/Lubbock/Waco

Midway.png

I'm with 29Texan. Fort Worth has been made to be a conjoined blob with Dallas area teams for too long. If you've ever been you'd know how distinct it is from Dallas so I wouldn't dismiss the idea of an expansion team there. Lord knows the potential rivalry it would create and how much more successful a market it would be than the likes of Amarillo/Lubbock/Waco

Being from Dallas, I get the rivalry aspect. I was really looking at it from a broad map. I'm thinking about expanding this to 14.

Ft. Worth is officially in.

Names?

Being from Dallas, I get the rivalry aspect. I was really looking at it from a broad map. I'm thinking about expanding this to 14.

Ft. Worth is officially in.

Names?

- Panthers

- Outlaws or "FW5"

- Aviators, or Flyers

- The Funk (even though personally I HATE that nickname, it still has something to do with the city... and it would be something different)

- Fire

- Mocks (Mockingbirds)

- Lone Stars

- Bombers

- Herd

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Can someone please explain to me what a bye is. I'm developing a table for the teams and I don't understand why and how these are awarded.

If there is an uneven amount of teams one team obviously can't play that week getting a bye, every week a different team will get a bye till everyone has had 1 or 2 depending on the season length

Definitely Panthers. The backstory to the nickname would further fuel the rivalry and I can see black paired with a vibrant color making for a great color scheme. Perhaps a bluish purple to to identify with Horned Frogs fans?

Midway.png

@29texan and Midway

Panthers has historical attachment to the city of Ft. Worth. A very successful Texas League baseball team comes to mind.

However, I was think more along the lines of Ft. Worth Rugby Union - Liberators F.C.

As in B24 Bombers.

Archived