Michigan Baseball League

maizeblue13

Hey guys, I have created a fictional baseball league called the Michigan Baseball League. I will post uniform concepts for all 30 of the teams, but here is the league logo....

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

And here are all 30 teams -

Livonia Wolverines

Farmington Blues

Detroit Bees

Farmington Hills MudHens

Novi Heat

Flint Falcons

Saginaw Seahawks [willing to change team name]

Bay City Bulls

Southfield Trojans

Mackinaw Mustangs

Grand Rapids Whitecaps

Holland Bears [willing to change team name]

Ludington Badgers

Petoskey Patriots [willing to change team name]

Harbor Springs Lightning

Northville Broncos

Plymouth Panthers

Ann Arbor A’s

Dearborn Dodgers

Sault Ste. Marie Lakers

Brighton Bulldogs

Lansing Lions

Howell Hawks

Warren Wildcats

Canton Cardinals

Kalamazoo Cougars

Traverse City Tigers

St. Ignace Inferno

Battle Creek Crusaders

Muskegon Thunder

FOR THE ONES THAT I AM WILLING TO CHANGE, PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Guest darkpiranha

Be sure to check out the recent Jabberwockey Hockey, America League, and Eurobasket threads for some engaging ways to present your league.

30 is way too many for a baseball league in Michigan... I'd cut it down to at least 12, if not 10 or 8. I lived in Michigan for 2 years and consider myself extremely familiar with the state, and I've never even heard of some of these places.

30 is way too many for a baseball league in Michigan... I'd cut it down to at least 12, if not 10 or 8. I lived in Michigan for 2 years and consider myself extremely familiar with the state, and I've never even heard of some of these places.

I am keeping it at 30, and posting the first team in a few minutes

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Got a couple of things.

1) The execution of these is pretty terrible. Tons of pixelation (and not in the paint concept way) and anything colored contains spattering of white all over. Also, the word marks are off center and quite frankly bland.

2) Plagiarism isn't cool. That logo on the third is a straight rip from the Salt Lake Bees. By the looks of the names you've chosen, a lot of these are going to steal the logos of professional teams, I mean seriously... The MudHens and Dodgers? And Seahawks?? In a state that is landlocked? Not only does that make no sense, but you clearly chose team names because you planned to use the logos from those teams.

Basically, make your own logos, don't steal.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Be sure to check out the recent Jabberwockey Hockey, America League, and Eurobasket threads for some engaging ways to present your league.

It should be the holland Dutchmen or Flying Dutchmen since its a Dutch founded community.

"Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments."

Rather than refuting the valid commentary here, how about implementing it? Because they're all great suggestions. You ask for C&C, and combat everything you've been given so far.

There's a lot of locality in the towns in Michigan. For instance, Holland would identify a lot better with Dutchmen (or some Dutch inspired name, like Tulips, Lions, etc.) than Bears. I know your opinion may differ, but when the name matches the community's interests and culture, it's "a lot better". Frankly, I think most of the team names youve presented are pretty bland and generic, and in some cases, make NO sense (Ludington Aztecs??).

It should be the holland Dutchmen or Flying Dutchmen since its a Dutch founded community.

"Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments."

Rather than refuting the valid commentary here, how about implementing it? Because they're all great suggestions. You ask for C&C, and combat everything you've been given so far.

There's a lot of locality in the towns in Michigan. For instance, Holland would identify a lot better with Dutchmen (or some Dutch inspired name, like Tulips, Lions, etc.) than Bears. I know your opinion may differ, but when the name matches the community's interests and culture, it's "a lot better". Frankly, I think most of the team names youve presented are pretty bland and generic, and in some cases, make NO sense (Ludington Aztecs??).

Sorry dude I just didnt want to change the teams, I was asking for constructive criticism on the uniforms mostly.

I probably wont continue with this anyways

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Listen to these guys, man. They've been around for a long time. You have 7 posts and they're all in this thread. You wouldn't go straight into pitching without a few warm up throws. Go out, learn your program, figure out how to make good concepts, hell, even just hang back for a while and observe. Just don't come in here with guns blazing, then reject what people tell you to fix.

Listen to these guys, man. They've been around for a long time. You have 7 posts and they're all in this thread. You wouldn't go straight into pitching without a few warm up throws. Go out, learn your program, figure out how to make good concepts, hell, even just hang back for a while and observe. Just don't come in here with guns blazing, then reject what people tell you to fix.

Yeah, I probably take a break from this, practice a little and observe like you said. Then I'll come back and repost better concepts when I feel I'm ready.

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Got a couple of things.

1) The execution of these is pretty terrible. Tons of pixelation (and not in the paint concept way) and anything colored contains spattering of white all over. Also, the word marks are off center and quite frankly bland.

2) Plagiarism isn't cool. That logo on the third is a straight rip from the Salt Lake Bees. By the looks of the names you've chosen, a lot of these are going to steal the logos of professional teams, I mean seriously... The MudHens and Dodgers? And Seahawks?? In a state that is landlocked? Not only does that make no sense, but you clearly chose team names because you planned to use the logos from those teams.

Basically, make your own logos, don't steal.

Ah, let him have some fun.

I've heard of all but 2, mainly because they're in the upper areas of Michigan.

Which 2 havent u heard of?

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Yeah, I probably take a break from this, practice a little and observe like you said. Then I'll come back and repost better concepts when I feel I'm ready.

Good deal. Work on some MLB concepts or something before you get into a series.

Ludington & Harbor Springs I had no idea where they are. After googling them I know now.

Good deal. Work on some MLB concepts or something before you get into a series.

Yea and also I've listed the teams on the first post that I am willing to change the team name, so if anyones got any suggestions, I'm all ears now :)

Go Blue

Go Tigers

Go Lions

Michigan has more coastline than any state besides California... it's known as the Great Lakes State for a reason. :D

Ludington & Harbor Springs I had no idea where they are. After googling them I know now.

The only reason I knew of Ludington is because of the SS Badger... a car ferry that scuttles across Lake Michigan from Manitowoc, Wisconsin; where my mom is from. If you're looking to change the name of the team, Badgers would be a pretty good choice.

Archived