PSD Soccer Template - Now Available!

marble21

*** NOW AVAILABLE HERE ***

So I have created this .psd soccer template using a number of different images taken from different players.

What I am after is some help from the CCSLC community. Basically, I would like some constructive C+C on the overall quality of the template. The concept itself I am not bothered about. I just want to create the best template I am capable of and then release it for everyone when (and only when) it is at that stage.

The general areas I am looking for critique are on any areas where the texturing is weak, things don't line up etc. The lines I have drawn on to test a concept with are weak as I did them in a rush, so do not count them in your feedback.

There are some things I know need improving but I would love a second opinion on everything.

TemplateProgress1_zps6d1317be.png

TemplateProgress2_zpsa04fcde4.png

TemplateProgress3_zpsd7587320.png

Thanks in advance!

marble21

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Great job! Glad to see a soccer model coming together.

I think the texture is a little hard to make out in the shorts (but this may be because of the dark blue colour you used here).

Also, just some general cleaning up of the lines, especially down the left hand side of the shorts.

Great job though, I'd definitely be interested in working with it.

Thanks for the comments!

I will play around with the contrast on the texture layers to try and improve things. They are not too consistent over the three aspects of the full kit.

There is a lot of cleaning up around the edges which needs doing. As this will take some time I thought it best to check for other issues first.

In general, does the scaling and skin tones look OK? The upper body is Gareth Bale, the shorts and knees are Scott Parker, the socks are Michael Dawson and I think the boots came from Neymar, so I don't want it to look too mismatched.

Minor update. I am in need of some more critique due to my woefully short attention span often making me miss minor details.

I cleaned it up a little and changed the way the colours show through. Here are the individual RGB:

rgb_test_zps0108a915.png

...and here it is using the official LA Galaxy colours (thanks Colorwerx!) to show what some actual colours that would be used in real life may look like:

test_zpsa3f42552.png

If there is literally anything that looks off with this then I would like to know, no matter how big or small.

The plan was to keep them subtle to not distract from the team's design elements on the shirt, shorts and socks. That is why they are the way they are now.

I can (and probably will) update that though for use with the finished template.

Do the shorts look like there is too much of a contrast?

Mainly looking at the dark parts on right hand side of each leg as we look at it.

It looks like it with the test colours yes, but the individual RGBs look fine.

I have messed around a bit with the contrasts on the texture layes and think I am finally happy with it.

wygtest_zps3ed4fdf5.png

I will do some work on making the boots customisable, some final cleaning up and finalise a proper background and then I will make it available.

I know this isn't coming along all that quickly for how much is getting done but this kind of work doesn't come naturally to me so I just have to slog away at it.

Thanks for the comments.

I think it is a shame Bale had those ears pinned back last summer. It was sort of a defining feature in his look, but he obviously wasn't comfortable with them so its understandable.

Thanks for the comments.

I think it is a shame Bale had those ears pinned back last summer. It was sort of a defining feature in his look, but he obviously wasn't comfortable with them so its understandable.

As someone with big ears, i feel like we lost someone fighting the great battle.

• 1 year later...

Archived