They're call the "Diamondbacks" - An alternate concept

jigokusabre

I understand people referring to the baseball team in Arizona as "the D-Backs" in conversation... it's a long name, and writing/saying it out each time can be tedious. But the Nationals don't have "Nats" jerseys and the Angels don't have "Halos" jerseys... so why do the Diamondbacks jerseys say "D'backs"?

Anyhow, I think that having a "Diamondbacks" jersey is worth at least an alternate, and here's my idea:

Diamondbacks_zpsc3d69eda.jpg

Um, because Diamondbacks is too long for the jerseys? I don't why people have such a problem with their jerseys saying D-Backs...

Anyways, the concept you've posted just proves that the entire name is hard to read from a distance.

Um, because Diamondbacks is too long for the jerseys? I don't why people have such a problem with their jerseys saying D-Backs...

Anyways, the concept you've posted just proves that the entire name is hard to read from a distance.

Same reason no one liked the "Jays" uniforms (well one of many reasons), because that's not their name.

I think the Diamondbacks script would looks great by itself, not squished down to fit on a jersey. Why they don't use the "A" chest logo they won the World Series in, and still keep as part of their current set, is beyond me. Or, they could always use the beautiful "db" logo.

I thought the issue with the "Jays" jersey was more the fact they were every color except blue. I'm not from Toronto, but I can't imagine most people being bothered if the jerseys were blue and said "Jays."

Anyway, yes, Diamondbacks is just a bit too long to really work. D'Backs is perfect, I think. I do like your concept, however. I also like that you kept the team name and didn't go with "Arizona" on the jersey, like Miami and Texas like to do.

Archived