Pittsburgh USARL team needs a nickname

Rampart

There is a HS about a 1/2 hour north of Pittsburgh that uses Bridgers. Ambridge Bridgers. I knew a guy who played rugby for the Pittsburgh Harlequins...what was that? A club team?

KISSwall09.jpg

Still trying to make the Fort/Fortress name work or somehow give a nod to Fort Pitt and Fort Duquesne.

Thanks, and keep 'em coming.

What about your username? Pittsburgh Ramparts (no idea if its taken or not). Fits in with the fort theme, the RL defensive line and of course, the steel curtain. Logo could be a play on the coat of arms.

sig.png

Still trying to make the Fort/Fortress name work or somehow give a nod to Fort Pitt and Fort Duquesne.

Thanks, and keep 'em coming.

What about your username? Pittsburgh Ramparts (no idea if its taken or not). Fits in with the fort theme, the RL defensive line and of course, the steel curtain. Logo could be a play on the coat of arms.

I think this guy is onto something. Love that name.

oBIgzrL.png

Pittsburgh Ramparts? I was afraid that it would sound egotistical. Do you think people generally know what a rampart is or will they think it's pieces of ram?

The Harlequins are a rugby union club team. They built a nice facility about 20 minutes from the city, but there's really not much spectator seating. They're one of 4 union clubs in the Pittsburgh area, and play in division I.

I think generally people know what a rampart is. Especially if you use fort-esque imagery in the logo. People around here know about the forts, and people elsewhere can probably figure it out soon enough if they don't know, but I don't think that will really be an issue. It is in the national anthem, as if that makes a difference. Plus there's a hockey team in Quebec that uses that name, so it's not like it's never been done. I like the sound of it, it flows well and it describes an important/unique part of the city's heritage.

oBIgzrL.png

• 4 weeks later...

How about the Pittsburgh Yinzers?

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

Archived