What Warrior should have done with Liverpool FC

marble21

Nothing major here, just my opinion on what Liverpool should be wearing this season instead of the monstrosities that Warrior have actually put out.

I feel strongly about this, as I live in the area and I am already dreading having to look at the various scum going round dressed in a full kit (inc. socks) on a regular basis.

Without further ado:

Final_zps0bffbe3b.png

Home: Only one difference here, losing the sublimation on the front of the shirt which I felt was not necessary. The addition of white in the collar and sleeves I felt make the kit really balanced and a nice throwback to kits of the 70s and 80s - so well done to Warrior for that.

Away: Simplified it a lot by losing the horrible mess on the front of the shirt. I tried to get a nice balance of the red, black and white overall.

Third: Returned to a more traditional 3rd kit for Liverpool. The all yellow look has not been used since the 06-07 season, so I felt it was time for a return. I also included pinstripes on the shirt as a nod to their away kits from the early 80s. The collar looks a little odd, but it is meant to be similar to this fulham shirt, a combo between a round neck and a v neck.

I would love to hear some C&C on these as I am willing to make updates.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Nice work - one thing I'd suggest trying is removing the red strips from the sides of the away shirt. With the mess (sorry, Warrior's 'graphic reinterpretation') removed from the front the strips make me think that our intrepid footballer's wearing braces.

It's not LaxBro enough to be a Warrior design but it looks great. Is there any way you could continue the two-stripe motif on the third socks?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nice work - one thing I'd suggest trying is removing the red strips from the sides of the away shirt. With the mess (sorry, Warrior's 'graphic reinterpretation') removed from the front the strips make me think that our intrepid footballer's wearing braces.

Ye, I was thinking the same about the braces when I was putting this together. I have a possible idea which might help which I will post later on today... maybe.

It's not LaxBro enough to be a Warrior design but it looks great. Is there any way you could continue the two-stripe motif on the third socks?

The whole idea was to get away from the 'Warrior design philosophy'. As for continuing the design elements... this is something prevalent in all of US sports, having one continuing theme in the uniform set, but as for european soccer this just isn't really done that way. You can see what I mean here: LINK

These kits are far better than what theyre going to be wearing. Last season was the same, they did a good job on the home shirt and then got some primary school kids to design the others.

Thanks! - and to the few others who commented also.

for me the home kit should have only white details or only gold, both mixed seems too much.

I do agree with this. However, the shirt is sort of a tribute to the clubs look in the late 70s and early 80s. A very successful period for Liverpool.

dalglish.gif

1565722_display_image.jpg?1317001953

I will show how each combo looks, all white, all yellow and the current combo next to each other. Having done it, I prefer the current way but this way I can see what other people think.

Have I made this up in my head (it wouldn't be the first time), but didn't Liverpool use to use a white Liver Bird as their standard crest and a gold one when they were holding a domestic or European title?

If not, they should have done as that would have been quite ace.

for me the home kit should have only white details or only gold, both mixed seems too much.

I do agree with this. However, the shirt is sort of a tribute to the clubs look in the late 70s and early 80s. A very successful period for Liverpool.

dalglish.gif

1565722_display_image.jpg?1317001953

I will show how each combo looks, all white, all yellow and the current combo next to each other. Having done it, I prefer the current way but this way I can see what other people think.

Yeah I know this period very well, they lost to my club (CR Flamengo), 3x0 at the Club World Cup, hahahahah.

But yeah, I like it but I still prefer full gold or full white. But what you did with the others is much better then Warrior (wich I liked last year).

Twitter | Instagram | Behance

HomeOptions_zps37e66d61.png

I do prefer the look of the middle one. However, as mentioned before I like option A for what it stands for. I think we can all agree that option C is terrible!

I have never heard of Liverpool using a yellow/gold crest in that period to denote holding a title. It is a novel idea though!

They did wear these in 2001 and 2005 in Europe though whilst being UEFA cup and Champions League title holders

$(KGrHqF,!g0FELUl62hGBRI9j5O5og~~60_35.JPG

$T2eC16J,!yME9s5qF1UyBRQgfSk75!~~60_35.JPG

I have never heard of Liverpool using a yellow/gold crest in that period to denote holding a title. It is a novel idea though!

As I say, it's probably just something I've imagined - of course, back during the 1970s/1980s when they wore the gold Liver Bird they were usually champions of something or other anyway!

Archived