Washingcon 2014 Logo

SpreadHDGFX

• 3 weeks later...

i think you've done a good job graphically representing the memorial you linked, so that's good...i'm not sure i wouldn't offset it a bit to get away from the potential basketball reference, although i'm sure the audience this is intended for knows what that symbolizes - maybe if you don't offset it, you make the middle spire smaller as it is in the reference picture?

jldesigns404eo.png

Leggman's right. While it's pretty easy to see that you've referenced the Air Force Memorial to anyone that would be in attendance at the conference, offsetting the spires is absolutely necessary (love the photo angle). You rarely see photos with the orientation of your design. Also, I would think that you need to thin those spires out a bit. Instead of gradients, you could try shading to add depth. A great deal of photos show how light bounces off these structures. I'm sure you know that it's pretty visually striking in person, too. As for the type, definitely work on the hierarchy and feel free to carefully blend a couple of typefaces/styles. It appears the actual memorial uses Optima Bold (the McCain 2008 campaign font) and the foundation logo uses the ubiquitous Trajan just to give you some starting points.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Leggman's right. While it's pretty easy to see that you've referenced the Air Force Memorial to anyone that would be in attendance at the conference, offsetting the spires is absolutely necessary (love the photo angle). You rarely see photos with the orientation of your design. Also, I would think that you need to thin those spires out a bit. Instead of gradients, you could try shading to add depth. A great deal of photos show how light bounces off these structures. I'm sure you know that it's pretty visually striking in person, too. As for the type, definitely work on the hierarchy and feel free to carefully blend a couple of typefaces/styles. It appears the actual memorial uses Optima Bold (the McCain 2008 campaign font) and the foundation logo uses the ubiquitous Trajan just to give you some starting points.

Can we call it a comeback? You ain't been here for years.

LLCoolJ-300x300.jpeg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived