Football League of America

grant1woods

Why the Chicago Staleys?

The Staleys was the original name for the Chicago Bears and exsisted from 1919-1921

Yeah, when they were in Decatur, Illinois. There's no history of that name in Chicago, I suggest coming up with something that has roots in the Windy City.

Why the Chicago Staleys?

The Staleys was the original name for the Chicago Bears and exsisted from 1919-1921

Yeah, when they were in Decatur, Illinois. There's no history of that name in Chicago, I suggest coming up with something that has roots in the Windy City.

They were actually known as the Chicago Staleys for one year (1921), although I agree, it's not e very good name for a Chicago team.

Why the Chicago Staleys?

They were actually known as the Chicago Staleys for one year (1921), although I agree, it's not e very good name for a Chicago team.

I will Change the name when I get there but for now I will just get started

303h7kn.jpg

There all good but the Chicago and Dallas names. They just don't fit very well. But all the colors work.

OK, the Chicago one I have under control but do you have any other suggestions for the Dallas team

Dallas Steers, Colts, Desperadoes, Outlaws, Dusters, Toros, Brahmas.

hawkeyes-01.jpgNew%20Orleans%20Saints-140x140.png100px-Yankees_logo.png

The year is 1941. The Great Depression has just ended, and a group of middle-class men have come together to form a celebratory football league. Each person in the newly formed league invited all of their friends to join their teams. Current US president Franklin D. Roosevelt heard about the league and invested money into it. He also bought a team and named them the Washington Federals. He then told his companions to leave Washington D.C. and start there own teams somewhere else. The league of 6 teams became nationwide... the teams being the Washington Federals, New York Skyscrapers, the Boston Braves, Detroit Monarchs, the Chicago Staley's (which changed their name 5 years later) and the New York Yankees (which were sued in 1960 for copying the baseball team, the New York Yankees, after they where sued, they went out of business and were never a team again. In 1968, when slavery was stopped in the south, the four current southern division teams plus the Atlanta Rebels joined the league. In 2001 the 6 remaining teams plus a team from Vancouver joined the league. In 2005, a riot was held outside the Commissioners office saying that the league was only for American teams. So, Vancouver was forced to leave the league. The team with the most championships is the Wahington Federals who won 23 out of the first 25 championships from 1941 to 1966. In 2011, the New York Skyscrapers won their first championship in their very long and sad history. In 2012, the Los Angeles brought a championship ring back to Hollywood for the first time since 2004. In the 2013 season, Los Angeles hopes to get back to the top, but the Boston Braves hope to upset the league with their new first round draft pick QB, George Tedder and his college roommate wide receiver, Mark McConnell

303h7kn.jpg

So why were the Yankees sued, but not the Boston Braves (National League team 1912-1952)? Also slavery ended in 1865 I think you meant segregation ended in 1968...

Yes, I meant segregation, but when you think of baseball, I doubt anyone thinks about the Boston Braves but a lot of people think NEW YORK YANKEES. Plus, the Braves are no longer a team in 1960 but the Yanks were

303h7kn.jpg

Soon after joining the league in 2001, the Los Angeles Express won the championship in 2004. After 9 years of records 11-5 or above, in 2012, they finally reached the top again lead by QB Chad DeLune and LB Matthew Rogowski. LAlogosheet_zpsacb3999f.png For the logos, I decided to take the USFL LA Express and freshen them up. launis_zps72434058.png For The Uniforms, I again went simple and freshened the LA express USFL uniforms

303h7kn.jpg

You posted ten times before doing your first concept. Oy vey.

The express actually aren't that bad. Your presentation is slacking though, and your units are pretty "color by numbers". I'd look at fleshing the ideas out more.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived