Sporting New Mexico - full football jersey set posted

abqryan

I am feeling pretty good about the shield logo myself at this point. Any other comments or suggestions would be welcome anyway.

I'm thinking for consistency I'll add a thicker outline to the thunderbird secondary and then I'm thinking of moving to work on a wordmark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

abgryan: The wordmarks are cool, just rather odd, I'd drop the bevel and embossing. No need for it really

Agreed. The lettering looks awkward to me because of it. As if it's trying to be 3D, but the rest of the logo isn't.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

So I was reworking things without the bevel and I realized a big part of the problem was that I really didn't like that font without it. So I got a new font.

I also realized the sizing of the words vs the other elements was bothering me so I made the lettering bigger.

Again, all feedback is very appreciated.

tumblr_mqiwmdlrTR1sxk0kuo1_500.png

Thanks, the combo is certainly my least favorite as well. I'd love some suggestions for how to improve it otherwise I'll most likely just drop it and stick to the other two.

I'm hoping to get the wordmark established and then put together a full combo pack before moving onto actual jersey design, which I am both excited and a bit scared about honestly.

Thanks, I am very happy with how they've turned out.

But, I am not done with this project even though the logos are set.

I plan to slowly work my way through a number of different jersey sets for a variety of different sports.

So, stay tuned, there will be more.

But be patient, I'm new to this and still learning the tools on top of the design aspects.

That tertiary mark is outstanding. One thing I would edit about the bird in both the primary and secondary, is to remove the outline around the midsection of the bird. It looks like three separate pieces: the left wing, middle part, and right wing. Other than that, really nice work.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks, I'm pretty happy about that Zia mark as well. It's very common for concepts in New Mexico (the basic NM over a Zia idea) but I think the addition of the turquoise makes it stand out. As for the body/wings issue with the thunderbird that's actually a stylistic choice to have the wings be slightly separated from the body itself.

I'm having some trouble working with templates since I only have photoshop elements which can't handle layer groups but I've put together a rough draft of sorts for a football helmet and figured I'd go ahead and post it here.

I'd be very happy to hear any feedback or pointers.

tumblr_mqptjv4XFd1sxk0kuo1_1280.png

Thanks, the combo is certainly my least favorite as well. I'd love some suggestions for how to improve it otherwise I'll most likely just drop it and stick to the other two.

Simplest improvement suggestion I can think of for the combination wordmark is to take the "sporting" out of the winged background and then use it, perhaps in the red color, above the "New Mexico" version of the wordmark.

As for the body/wings issue with the thunderbird that's actually a stylistic choice to have the wings be slightly separated from the body itself.

No worries. Just chipping in my 2 cents.

That helmet looks really good. I think the circle may be a little too big, but it's a very clever addition nonetheless.

nlog42.jpg

Sorry for any confusion, the concept I am going for is a true sporting club. So there will be teams under the organizational umbrella that participate in a number of different sports.

I've started with football but will likely have baseball, soccer, and hockey as well and possibly some others depending on what templates I can find and ideas I can think of.

The idea is that it's a good exercise for me to get used to working with my design tools and with different templates.

On vacation next week so probably won't move onto another sport for a bit but here are the football jerseys I've created. I would love to hear some C&C on these.

tumblr_mqtfixvDr81sxk0kuo1_500.png

tumblr_mqtfkoQAEr1sxk0kuo1_500.png

tumblr_mqtflbAzZb1sxk0kuo1_500.png

And a couple variations, home and away with yellow pants

tumblr_mqtfm3c5lb1sxk0kuo1_500.png

tumblr_mqtfmsrZGt1sxk0kuo1_500.png

On vacation next week so probably won't move onto another sport for a bit but here are the football jerseys I've created. I would love to hear some C&C on these.

tumblr_mqtfixvDr81sxk0kuo1_500.png

tumblr_mqtfkoQAEr1sxk0kuo1_500.png

tumblr_mqtflbAzZb1sxk0kuo1_500.png

And a couple variations, home and away with yellow pants

tumblr_mqtfm3c5lb1sxk0kuo1_500.png

tumblr_mqtfmsrZGt1sxk0kuo1_500.png

Everything looks great besides the Jersey numbers. Did you try making the jersey numbers white with a blue outline? That could work. It just looks so messy right now.

Archived