Did the A's ever wear a red, white and blue cap in early 2000s?

phutmasterflex

http://espn.go.com/s...rs-stripes-caps

I was reading through this and something popped into my head.

I remember as a kid there was this one game where the A's wore a red, white and blue version of their home uniforms. It was all white, with the lettering in navy with the outline in red. I want to believe it was July 4, 2001 but I can't seem to find any visual evidence online.

I remember watching that game on TV and I hope I just didn't imagine it. Does anyone have any idea if pictures or videos from this game (I assume that's the date) exists online?

(The A's also had a SGA giving away caps that looked like the one the players wore that day.) Below is a custom version of it.

786893103.jpg

Go A's!

I remember photos from that game being posted here, but man, that was forever ago. It definitely was a July 4tg game, though I'm unsure of the year. Those uniforms looked fantastic.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here are the relevant pages, from the other thread which was resurrected in response to this one:

OaklandAs1999Jul4_zps1a905a72.png

OaklandAs2001Jul4_zps26a950d1.png

Only two times they were worn. I'd like to see all teams do something very similar to this but we all know this may never happen.

I know there was a picture posted on these boards somewhere - want to say it was a pitcher in motion.

This is cool. At first, I looked at the cap and was subconsciously thinking that it was an Angels alternate. I had no idea Oakland did this.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I think there are pics of these in game action in the Henderson guide. Don't have it with me today.

That's what I have been looking for so long. I remember seeing clips of that game of Doug Jones as a kid, but I have been looking everywhere to find photos from the game of these unis in action

Go A's!

Archived