MiLB Concept Team Names - Pt. 2

sidekicksuicide

What should I name my Duluth, Toledo, and Wichita teams?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the continuation of my eight-team-league. I had to create a new topic for the new poll.

In the last poll, you chose the name Fayetteville Diamonds, Grand Rapids Riverhawks, and Madison Madtoms. The new poll has the team name options for Duluth, Toledo, and Wichita. Thanks for voting!

The eight cities (and their Major League affiliates) are:

Ames, IA : Kansas City Royals

Duluth, MN : Minnesota Twins

Toledo, OH : Detroit Tigers

Wichita, KS : Chicago White Sox

Elgin, IL : Cincinnati Reds

Fayetteville Diamonds : Fayetteville, AR : St. Louis Cardinals

Grand Rapids Riverhawks : Grand Rapids, MI : Milwaukee Brewers

Madison Madtoms : Madison, WI : Chicago Cubs

Current Concept Project (Midwest Minor League Baseball) : http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/93417-minor-league-baseball-concept-team-names-poll/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

As far as Toledo is concerned, I would lean towards something revolving around glass, since it is/was the glass capitol of the world. Some examples would be the Toledo Gaffers.

Another name I would lean towards would be something revolving around The Great Black Swamp or something concerning the Michigan-Ohio War a.k.a. The Toledo War.

I offer these suggestions due to the majority of minor league team names honoring some sort of industry, history, or legacy of the City they are in.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived