Can someone explain this to me?

Sport Billy

XneseD5.png

Supposedly they were all set to wear these until Selig stepped in late in the process and forced them to wear the Walgreens ripoffs instead.

Nah - it was the Nats' ownership who insisted on the "curly W".

Just curious , I've always seen different concepts for the Nationals hats but has anyone ever tried to mock up a hat with an interlocking WDC? Think STL on the Cardinals hat..... obviously there has been the pretzel W and the alt hat at the beginning with the DC , but would like to just see what it would look like interlocking all three letters.....

XneseD5.png

Supposedly they were all set to wear these until Selig stepped in late in the process and forced them to wear the Walgreens ripoffs instead.

Somebody would have probably complained about the W on these caps not matching the W of the "WASHINGTON" across the old road unis.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

FWIW, I think that concept W cap looks pretty cool. Missed opportunity for sure. Would look even better had they ultimately gone to an un-beveled version.

XneseD5.png

Nah - it was the Nats' ownership who insisted on the "curly W".

MLB owned the Nats until about the midway point of the 2006 season. So Selig may have actually had a say regarding the caps.

If so, it was more about what the city fathers wanted than what Selig wanted. There was a rumor that he favored "Senators" for the nickname but they shot it down.

01.11.12news-flickr-dc-license-plate-raw.jpg

Don't the TX Rangers own the Senators name?

XneseD5.png

Seeing the curly-W referred to that way makes me want to punch something. Quit doing it.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Why? It fits.

walgreens-logo.png

There are minor differences when viewed side-by-side, but they are remarkably similar. Especially with the shared red and white.

And since it appears as though Walgreens is using the single letter more and more, for its app and its Twitter icon, the similarity is all the more striking.

Archived