MLB Uniform and Cleat Concepts/Tweaks

joebryan24

Hi everyone, so I recently posted my first concept on here at http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94291-san-diego-padres-fauxbackish-uniform-concept/ and I've decided to make a post where I will post all my MLB concepts as they are ready. Like I stated in my previous post, the Uniform template used is based off of Tim O'Brien's template and I just added some elements. The cleats are a template I created myself and are an original design.

I will start with the San Francisco Giants being that I am from San Francisco and they are my favorite team.
x2utes.jpg
2e5sboz.jpg14taadc.jpg2nslu83.jpg2mrftpy.jpg2moat5g.jpg
Thanks for looking! Any C&C is appreciated. There will be many more teams to come!

Next up, I have taken a stab at the Braves. I do like their current unis, but during class I came up with these modern looking Indian/Warrior/Chief/Brave looking logos so I decided I'd see what they looked like if I used them as a way to modernize the braves. I eliminated a lot of the normal jersey piping for a more streamlined two color sleeve piping to make the jersey less busy. I also added gold as an accent color because I think it gives the braves a more classic look and it also compliments blue and red nicely IMO. 2nsqufa.jpg

24fwflu.jpg

257iudj.jpg123vf5i.jpg2ynl4l5.jpgsni2aw.jpgizc56r.jpg

Giants look good...I suggest using the block font like they use now rather than the old script. It looks good on the alternate though. Braves look different, but a good different. Keep up the good work!

By the way could you give or show me the link to that Nike uniform template you used...its sick!

NEWSGG copy.png

Next up is the Houston Astros. I went with an old west kind of theme and used burnt orange and dark red-brown as colors. I thought cream home jerseys just made sense here. I know the colors are similar to the Longhorns but I think they are great color scheme for the look I was going for. However I'm not sure if I'm satisfied and I may attack the Astros from a different angle a little later. 14nnxqc.jpg

2mq9eg6.jpg2nggdcm.jpg

I love this Braves concept, I actually have a hat like the one you used for the home uniforms. I'm kind of on the fence about the new tomahawk but overall it looks great. Houston and San Francisco are really good also!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I think the Houston one would look better if the number was on the front. The scripts look weird going up at that angle without a number underneath. Otherwise, nice work. Really like the Braves set!

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I don't think the Astros work. Not because it's a bad design, it's just that the name Astros refers to space, the stars, NASA, things like that. An Old West look is the exact opposite.

I actually feel the same exact way. I was thinking of either changing the name to the colts or trying a new colorway/logo set

Archived